Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two items which I understand may have been Ferrari spare parts, which I would like some help to identify

1. A Weber carburettor marked 40DCN9 and 328

2. A Magnetti marelli distributor cap for a 12 cylinder car with two ignition coils

See pictures below

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any history on the parts? Where did you come across them?
Where is the "328" on the carb? Any number on the distributor cap that looks like a part number? What are the numbers on the top of the cap 1 - 12?

The Weber 40 DCN/9 was used on the 275 series of cars GTB/4, GTBC (I think) and probably other models ... don't know which other manufactures may have used the same carb ... probably not exclusive to Ferrari however.

The distributor cap could be from a number of cars ... might check the more recent 400 series of cars.

Good luck in identifying your parts.

Best wishes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your interest

The parts were sold as a "job lot" from a local motor accessory shop, apparently they were part of a clearout from a racing team.

All the numbers on the carb are stamped on the side of the manifold mounting flange

Thee are no part numbers on the cap, the numbers shown are 1-12 (6 of the numbers are on a white background, the others on yellow). The coil connections are labelled 'A' & 'B'

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find myself at a loss! Not unusual for me.

If I were you, I might contact the following site via their "contact us" logo and see if they are able to help you identify the parts that you have.

The site listed is likely the best source for parts for older Ferrari existing in the World today and they will probably be able to help you.

http://www.ferrari.co.uk/parts/index.asp

Best wishes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts