Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GTC4LUSSO
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, last Friday after 32 years of waiting I bought my first Ferrari, a gorgeous CPO 2018 GTC4LUSSO. Two days later I hit a pothole and it took out both the tire and rim. No tire or rim protection is available by my dealer.

My dealer is asking $7850 to replace the rim, tire and perform an alignment.

I found the exact OEM rim online for half the price here: Ferrari 328868, FRONT WHEEL | Scuderia Car Parts

What would you do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If not cracked and just dented get it repaired by a good rim repair place .. and get a new tire .. or a axle set if tires have a bit of wear

I would take tire off car and bring a reputable place ..i .sure they will make it look.new and mount a tire for you (if you bring one)

Unfortunately this happens to the best of us

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys, last Friday after 32 years of waiting I bought my first Ferrari, a gorgeous CPO 2018 GTC4LUSSO. Two days later I hit a pothole and it took out both the tire and rim. No tire or rim protection is available by my dealer.

I found the exact OEM rim online for half the price here: Ferrari 328868, FRONT WHEEL | Scuderia Car Parts

What would you do?

GTC4 Lusso wheels on eBay:

·
Registered
42 Posts

What would you do?
Been there done that. It really sucks! Sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts

What would you do?
That's criminal! I would pull the wheel off, take it to a wheel refurbishing shop and get their opinion.

·
Registered
2003 575M
14 Posts
a Geico Ad appeared just a minute ago, you should put in a claim on your insurance policy,, see what they say.

i would not have bought my present F car if i had to rely on a F dealer,, period

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Agree with all. Even a used example must be evaluated and not just slapped on.
Suing the county is fruitless albeit if many report the same problem it is not considered a hazzard

·
Registered
1 Posts

What would you do?
I feel your pain happened to me a few years ago coming home from dinner which was 20 miles from home. Talking about a bad night. I had my rim repaired and new tire . Just like new

·
Registered
42 Posts

What would you do?
I'm sorry to say that this happens all the time. If it's not cracked fix it, I've had bent rims and they can be fixed and re-painted for not much money. The thing that you learn from this is to watch the road very carefully! You can't drive your Lusso like a Mercedes, I'm sorry but you just can't. I've driven the Lusso V12 and I just loved it! Where I live it would not work as a DD.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Unfortunate. I will never take my F430 on a route that I have not first done a test run with my daily driver. When you are on the freeway be wary of bridges as they don't always cleanly line up with the road. When I replaced my tires, the shop noticed a slight bend in the front rims which were fixed for around $400-600. I know exactly where that happened and thankfully the problem has been fixed with the bridge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts