Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a F430 that had a dead battery. Replaced the battery and now the only item that works are the four way flashers. No interior lights, remote key does nothing in both the ignition as well as the doors. Cig lighter, windows, no dash lights, nothing. Tried both keys still nothing. Has a pulsating beeping with the key in position 2. What gives?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Battery problem

Upon replacing the battery and making connection to power, it is not unheard of for a power surge to either A) Blow fuses or B) Damage on-board electronics. There is typically an exact procedure used in replacing the battery, but I'm not sure what that is for the F430. Check all of the fuses to eliminate the easier fix. I don't believe in luck, only good or bad circumstances. That being said, good circumstances!! You will need them to avoid a costly doctor visit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon replacing the battery and making connection to power, it is not unheard of for a power surge to either A) Blow fuses or B) Damage on-board electronics. There is typically an exact procedure used in replacing the battery, but I'm not sure what that is for the F430. Check all of the fuses to eliminate the easier fix. I don't believe in luck, only good or bad circumstances. That being said, good circumstances!! You will need them to avoid a costly doctor visit.
Checked all the fuses, not a problem there. Not sure on the relays. It is probably something really small. Some stupid item that was overlooked. Oh well I'll keep digging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts