Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have the distinction, in my estimation, of being the only schmuck in the universe who buys and then accidentally damages his Ferrari 30 minutes after driving it off the lot!
Never having any sportscar before I did not know to account for how low these cars are. I pulled into a restaurant parking lot and because the incline was too steep the left front end of the car scraped and caught against the ground and bent that part of the airdam and bent the fender.
I think the fender can be restored but the spoiler might have to be replaced. Is this a part that could still be dealer ordered?????
Please help, and forgive me, my fellow enthusiasts, this extremely stupid and boneheaded act of ignorance.
I throw myself at your ridicule, scorn, and mercy.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Awwww. Sorry to hear that. :( It's a common problem with sportscars. :x

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just throw us the keys, while you're at it! :lol:

Actually I'm sure front spoilers get trashed all the time, so check around for repairers close to you ("Dirt Road, Texas" - that's a brilliant address). Check club sites, etc for contact details if you need to.

I have a mate who once ran his Alfa up the back of another car while just down the road from a dealer. He was delivering the car to them after agreeing a trade-in the day before - the crash cost him about 30% in value. Ugh :ugh:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Can you post a picture of the spoiler? It may be easier and cheaper to have it repaired. It is fiberglass, right? The best place to get fiberglass pieces repaired is your handy boatyard. If you can take it off and bring it to them they can fix it. Jet Ski places are also good at fiberglass repair because idiots (like me) are always skipping their Jet Skis over rocks.

After the spoiler is repaired, take it and your car to the body shop that is going to fix the fender and they can paint it. It is easier for them to paint it if it is off the car anyway.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete,
glad to hear from you. will try to post pics. spoiler is, unfortunately metal and thus had no give and consequently dragged the attached fender assembly with it. by the way, thanks for all your past advice in choosing a car!
Khanh

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ah, that's tough man.

But as previously stated, it shouldn't be too much of a problem finding the part, I would think.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
jungathart said:
Pete,
glad to hear from you. will try to post pics. spoiler is, unfortunately metal and thus had no give and consequently dragged the attached fender assembly with it. by the way, thanks for all your past advice in choosing a car!
Khanh
You have me confused with another. There are 2 Peters on this forum. Peter '75 308 GT4 is the one who gave you all the great advice when you were buying the car. I'm the one trying to give you advice on how to get it repaired now that you have it and have done damage to it. :green:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the clarify. I am having some local body guys come to scope things out. There are alot of 50's car enthusiasts around here, and because body parts for some of these are rare I am hopefull that there are some really good restoration guys around who can reshape my spoiler! :-?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah,
It's not that it is long, but rather, it is a closed loop; and thus it never ends! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts