Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well, I do not own a 355 but I do own a convertible Mustang.
Have you had the hydraulic fluid level checked in the pump?
Low fluid could cause it to stop by not having enough to push the piston to full extension.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
360 Spyder said:
Well, I do not own a 355 but I do own a convertible Mustang.
Have you had the hydraulic fluid level checked in the pump?
Low fluid could cause it to stop by not having enough to push the piston to full extension.
Yes i tried that. The level is perfect I am stumped!! :oops: :roll: :evil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i work for mercedes and i know on CLK's they have a control module on the roof system so when everything in correct for example car in park and trunk closed and all that stuff is lined up it will work...but sometimes those modules will go bad...i hope that not your case cause its a pretty expensive part

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If the oil level is ok, is there an option to get the top down manually? If so, try that. Maybe it is jammed somewhere for whatever reason. If not, I'm out of suggestions

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem fixed! :D :D :eek:ha: I just got inpatient and spent all saturday ripping the whole thing apart. I removed the whole top from the car, and disassembled the frame work and started over. The top on this car is so over engineerd it is rediculous!! No wonder people have so many problems with this top. It does so many different things in sequence that it is amazing that it ever worked. I cleaned every part, put it together piece by piece paying close attention to the tolerences adn adjustments (this was a pretty tall order with absolutely no books or schematics to go off). Once I had a grasp on the design and what it is supposed to do, it was not too bad, just time consuming. If any of the adjustments are even a liitle off, the top will hang up and get stuck! But after about 6 hours it was done and works better than ever! Absolute butter! So I guess it is possible to work on these cars yourselfe as long as you take your time and do not force anything.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm a professional...Don't try this at home!!!

I would have to say that this thread is just tops.
Greg; In all fairness I believe you should "Retract" that statement, being that it is "Open" for debate and would otherwise be pointless in "Closing" arguements, unless of course your client has an "Airtight" alibi......like taking prescription drugs from grandma's medicine cabinet.....Mark.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I see no evidence to support your complaint.

This all sounds fabricated by an artificial mechanism.

Don't see how you can defend your position!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts