Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good 308gtsi,30,000-50,000 miles.Would appreciate any tips if you hear of one for sale,thankyou Mick..

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
How far are you willing to travel? I bought my GTS in Pennsylvania and the dealer also had a black '80 GTSi he was asking $26 for. That was 3 months ago but who knows he may still have it.

I would think you should be able to find one in Florida or Georgia though.

One other thing I thought of, looking at cars that year and mileage, there is a major service due at 30k miles. I have heard that to have this service performed can run $1500-$3500. I would try to find a car that the major service has already been performed on. You won't have to ask, if it has been done that will be one of the first things the owner will tell you. It will probably be mentioned in the ad also.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek:ha: Hi peter,thanks for your input. I know about the services,when they are needed. Sometimes you see them with 40,000 miles with the 30,000 mile service just performed because the 5 year time periord was due. Also the car would have to be red/tan or black/tan.Desternation in the u.s.a would not be a problem as i would pay a ferrari tec to drive and put the car on the ramps and give me a report. Then i would put on my dancing shoes and go pick up my new babby :eek:ha: :eek:ha: :eek:ha: Im thinking $26-28,500, i know at that price i will have to shop around,but thats ok. I plan on keeping this car only till i can afford a 1998 mondial 3.2 cabro appox 40,000 miles $35,000. This way i can sell my xjs and have a gtsi for a couple of years.. Talk to you soon Mick...

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Mick,
Since destination is not a problem, the West Coast will probably be your best option. I just saw a couple of GTSi's on EBay on the west coast. Since you will be having an agent look at the car for you I would probably go with a dealer rather that an individual owner. The dealers would be familiar with having agents look at cars and they would be more able to have the car shipped to your house.

Originally, I wanted a red/tan car but I found that if you want a good car you might not get exactly what you had in mind. My 308 is red/black and I tell you what, I REALLY like the black interior. I am willing to send you some pics of the interior if you are not sure if you would settle for black.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
308gtsi

Peter, i have seen photos of your car and love it.My origenal thought was a gt/4.but once we took a couple for a ride i decided the gt/4 was too small for our likeing,,, That is when we tried the mondial 3.2 cabrolet :eek:ha: My ideal colour would be red/cream..I have had a couple of sports cars with black,and while i like it my xjs at present has cream interior and i just love it.. maybe i will pay a little more for it though..And i will defentley put red carpet in it,the mondial that is ,take care Mick

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tifoso_Boy said:
Like Pete said....There are always a few on Ebay. However, they always seem to have some sort of 'problem' with them.
what kind of problems??

BTW Mick i think you mean 1988 Mondial :wink: :green:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dirk,

For example, I was going through Ebay last night when I came across an 1980 308gts. The owner/seller went through alot of detail about what was wrong with the car (Some don't disclose so much detail). Anyhow, the price was roughly 20g's, and needed about 5-10g's to fix. A 35g 308 is still a decent deal, but you have to fly out somewhere to inspect the car.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: dj dirk

mick dipple said:
Hi dj, did not understand your comment....btw mondial??? I did mean a 1988 mondial 3.2 cabriolet,Mick
Hey Mick
you accidently had written 1998 Mondial instead of 1988 Mondial that all :wink:
And i'm delighted to hear that you want a Mondial, since that they aren't that popular, however that they are pretty and have a lot of room

·
Registered
457 Posts
Mick,

Edward Gault, on this site, has a GTSi that you would be interested in.

Barry

·
Registered
25 Posts
308 GTS QV available

Hi,

There's a 1985 308 GTS QV Red/Tan with 41K miles available for $33, 500. I'm sure it's negotiable...

It's based in Pompano Beach Florida....954-941-4200.......fax#954-941-4030

Good luck!
Tom

·
Registered
824 Posts
The following was on the Ferrari list, I have his phone number if interested.

Niels

'I am trying to sell my Ferrari 308 GTSi, if anyone is interested please call me directly.

This is my personal car.

1982 308 GTSI Red/Tan 55k miles installing a new alternator, and I just had the seats re-dyed. Rebuilt title, no books, tools, or records, except for what I have done.

$24,000 OBO'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Mick, Don't know how your search is going, but I've been kicking around selling my 1978 308GTS the car is Red with red interior and in VERY good shape. All services are done on the car including belts,both dist. rebuilt.
carbs done, oil change,trans fluid ETc... 35000 southwest miles.All tools,
books, original spare, a true survivor. The car was repainted due to fade only,no rust, dents ever. The car drives, runs, shifts like new. If anyone is interested email [email protected] or 309-264-2072 Dan. The price will be reasonable!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:p :p :p Hi guys its me again i know you probley think of me as a (part female)as my mind keeps changing.......BUT I have defentley decided on a mondial cabriolet1984 -1988 AND IT MUST BE RED/CREAM..maybe RED/TAN..Iwill keep you posted,Mick :green:

·
Registered
4 Posts
308 GTSI

Hi Mick,

Check the duPont registry site. I have seen 2 85's there recently for a reasonable price. www.dupontregistry.com 1 is black and 1 is red. Also another member mentioned one in Pompano, well I know a salesman at Wholesale Exotic cars and his name is Vince. You'll see them listed on the site I am sending you.

Best of luck with your search! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts