Ferrari Life Forum banner

HELP in engine id

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  pugo 
#1 ·
how do simply by looking at a mondial engine bay, whether i have a 2v or QV engine as all the pics i seen the QV's have a bright red inlet plenum, where mine is smaller and black and am wondering if my alledged QV is in fact a mondial 8 in disguise

many thanks

Neil (Pugo)

Discussion starter · #3 ·
the number is 43613

however i do not have the plenum with qv written on it , i have been informed that the cam covers are different and that mine is a QV

so wondering why i have the earlier plenum ?

Pugo

Discussion starter · #7 ·
No idea. Your chassis number is definitely for a Mondial QV.

Do you have any of the service history ?

yes i have everything , every mot, every bill of sale, every receipt, all the service history.....in fact the reason why this car was the example i bought was becasue not only of its condition and price but also its provenance

however , after buying it i keep seeing all QV's with bright red plenum's with Qv on them and mine is a black crinkle finish and has ferrari on it

Discussion starter · #10 ·
well i have had it confirmed, the 2v cam covers are completely different to 4v ones and mine are 4v, and on removing oil filler cap i can see 4v per cyl lol, apparently from speaking to a guy that works on them in the uk there are quite a few early qv's with the 2v plenum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.