Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do simply by looking at a mondial engine bay, whether i have a 2v or QV engine as all the pics i seen the QV's have a bright red inlet plenum, where mine is smaller and black and am wondering if my alledged QV is in fact a mondial 8 in disguise

many thanks

Neil (Pugo)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
how do simply by looking at a mondial engine bay, whether i have a 2v or QV engine as all the pics i seen the QV's have a bright red inlet plenum, where mine is smaller and black and am wondering if my alledged QV is in fact a mondial 8 in disguise

many thanks

Neil (Pugo)
If it is a QV, it will have "quatrovalvole" in large raised lettering in the lower right hand corner on the red plenum.

What is the Chassis number ? Mondial 8's range from 31075-41727, & Mondial QVs from 41737-59163.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the number is 43613

however i do not have the plenum with qv written on it , i have been informed that the cam covers are different and that mine is a QV

so wondering why i have the earlier plenum ?

Pugo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea. Your chassis number is definitely for a Mondial QV.

Do you have any of the service history ?

yes i have everything , every mot, every bill of sale, every receipt, all the service history.....in fact the reason why this car was the example i bought was becasue not only of its condition and price but also its provenance

however , after buying it i keep seeing all QV's with bright red plenum's with Qv on them and mine is a black crinkle finish and has ferrari on it

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
yes i have everything , every mot, every bill of sale, every receipt, all the service history.....in fact the reason why this car was the example i bought was becasue not only of its condition and price but also its provenance

however , after buying it i keep seeing all QV's with bright red plenum's with Qv on them and mine is a black crinkle finish and has ferrari on it
Only other suggestion is to check the engine number. The original engine number will be in the service book. If it is not, you can contact Ferrari

[email protected]

and they will be able to provide it. The owners manual will indicate where you can find it on the current block.

·
Registered
26 Posts
this is not mine but is the same albeit my plenum is a black crinkle finish

That looks like a 2 valve to me. I dont know if the plemum is interchangeable (I would think it would bolt on), I dont recall seeing a QV without a red chamber. Follow Boxers suggestion and call Ferrari.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i have had it confirmed, the 2v cam covers are completely different to 4v ones and mine are 4v, and on removing oil filler cap i can see 4v per cyl lol, apparently from speaking to a guy that works on them in the uk there are quite a few early qv's with the 2v plenum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts