Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asked by a close friend of the family (not on the web at all) to help find out about the used 1979-1985 308 market. What to watch out for, mechanical, rust, electrical, etc.......Can anyone point me towards a place either here, or perhaps somewhere else on the web so I can make sure he does not get burned. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.......

Sincerely,

Bill S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out this evening.........

Sincerely,

Bill S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Barry,

Saw that one, thanks............Been doing a lot of research over the last evening. I'll be able to actually figure things out sooner or later........Mustangs and Shelbys I know, Ferrarri's will take a little bit of time.............Thanks again..................

Bill S.

308 GTB said:
Bill,

Here's a link to the 3/97 Road & Track article on the 308 GTB/GTS Series:

http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/308_buy.html

It's required reading when searching for a 308 GTB/GTS.

Barry

·
Registered
132 Posts
if you are mechanically inclined you you work on the carbed 308's with ease. i bought a 79' 308 in january and it runs like a top. so far i have gutted the interior and restored the leather and carpeting. have fully detailed the motor and underbelly of the car. changed all the fluids and sparkplugs. switched to a pertronix electric ignition, which works great. added new undercoating to the frame, wheelwells, and other areas of the car that can be damaged from rocks. and now i am in the process of removing the exhaust system and cleaning that up and gutting the cats. also i found a small hole in the lower cat that i welded closed. this winter i am gonna tackle the valves and belts. the biggest thing i found with the 308 is the fact that it was put together by hand so is has to make sense when taking it apart. everything is there that needs to be and nothing is there that does not. it is a very straight forward car. just because it is a ferrari does not mean it is impossable to work on. just dont be scared. i find it as easy to work on as my old 69' el camino. but whatever you end up with you will be happy im sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts