Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there!

I am from Montreal, Canada. I am 39. A recent ride in my friend's 1989 328 GTB threw my socks off. I have been browsing since then to inform myself on the various options of self gratification there are out there.

Fastest cars I have driven:

1963 Corvette with drag modified engine (car of a friend. The front wheels tend to lift during acceleration. Fortunately, I didnt soiled myself during that ride. This car never lost a race on a corner, from modified to Saleen supercharged mustangs, it's a beast)

1989 328 GTB (Car of a friend)

2009 Jaguar XF (Car of a friend, much much more civilized).

2001 For Mustang GT convertible (Used to be my car. Loved it)

Fastest boat I have piloted:

2006 Baja 30 outlaw with twin 496 H/O engines (425hp each). What a blast! (Friend' boat) I have decided that the boat thig was not for me altough I found it very enjoyable (90mph on the water is very fast and legal!). A couple of weekends nowadays riding such a boat costs almost as much as a belt service on a 355.

I plan on owning a car just for special days. Will be a mid or rear engine. Hopefuly, will be a Ferrari 355 or 328. I have been dreaming for as long as I remeber to own a Porsche 911, but I am really reconsidering this right now.

That's about it for me.

Let me know If there are must read references, good links or any suggestions on my journey towards the 4 wheel nirvana.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hello and Welcome...nice first post. We all have some affinity for the speed thing. The Buyers guides recommended by Boxer are a great place to start but can never replace the Loin stir of hard accelerartion through the rev range. Nothing like it in the world. Ferrari exhaust engineers designed the system to be just as perfect without the G force experience. We call it F-music. Where are you located? Perhaps we could suggest a place to soak up the essence.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and welcome

Welcome to F-life from N-life

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello and Welcome...nice first post. We all have some affinity for the speed thing. The Buyers guides recommended by Boxer are a great place to start but can never replace the Loin stir of hard accelerartion through the rev range. Nothing like it in the world. Ferrari exhaust engineers designed the system to be just as perfect without the G force experience. We call it F-music. Where are you located? Perhaps we could suggest a place to soak up the essence.
I am located in Montreal, Canada. (I have also updated my profile)

Thanks for all the welcome messages!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
There aere a few Flifers from your area. I presume they will post up soon. I am some 6 hours away. Maybe if I rev high on a quite night you could hear it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome :cool:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to FL! Good luck with the search.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts