Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two friends who own ferrari, one of them got the 355 spyder and the other who lives in my building own the modenna 360. I fell in love with the 360 right away. I just graduated from University so won't be gettin' one for another few years. Now are there any big problems with the 360? Anything that one should be aware of?

·
Registered
34 Posts
First of all WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! I'm sort of a newcomer too, so I just wanted to welcome ya!!! Well, I have had my 360 for a bit less than a year and I have had no problems w/my car. As a matter of fact, the 360 Modena is one of ferrari's most userfriendly and reliable cars out. The F355 is a great car also. I mean, they are all great but to answer your question, on problems and reliability, I have had no severe problems up to date.
Now you do have to understand though, these are exotic sports cars and are not ur average everyday cars, in the likes of ur BMW's, Hondas, Toyotas, etc... They do require alot of maintenance, and thats so that u will not run into any costly problems later. The maintenance is somewhat costly but well worth it, cuz if you ever start runnin into real problems, I'm sure everybody in this forum will agree with me, that it can be VERY COSTLY!
As for me, I have just done the scheduled maintenance and my oil changes and for bein a exotic, it is not as bad as a Lamoborghini service. I did have one problem with my rear hatch indicator light coming on, but it was just minor and they adjusted it for me at no cost. Other than that, i have already put over 9K miles on my car and she is still running strong and as beautifully as the day I bought her.
As far as 355's go, well my co-worker has had his since 99 and he has 38K miles on it and it has given him NO problems at all!!!!! Now take into mind that each and every car is different due to them being hand built individually, and is all how the person takes care of his or her car. But yea, I think they are all pretty reliable. I mean, if you see used cars for sale, u can see some of these cars with like 78K miles on them and that should tell you that they are capable of being daily drivers. As where as some exotics never go beyond the 40K mile zone. Hop[e this has helped u a bit.
They are GREAT cars indeeed!!!! I know they look great just sitting there in the garage, but they are even better when you REALLY drive them the way they were made to be driven!!! FAST!!!!! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts