Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.my name is nick and i have a honda s2000.i want to ask you somethink.what oil do you take for the engine and what for the differencial?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
let me tell you that i m from greece.i m 23 and i have broke 3 differencial...
p.s my favorite ferrari is f40

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Nice video...the 360 driver was not trying too hard or he was not experienced on a track.

The S2000 was always on the edge in every curve using the maximum amount of pavement, getting a little loose sometimes.

In the straights, the 360 had the power and was gone when he wanted to. In the curves he was taking his time and was most of the time in the middle of the track with the foot off the gas. The 360 needed to hug the curves and start to slip a little in the corner to show maximum speed and none of this was present in the video.

Now, what I would of liked to see was the driver of the S2000 behind the wheel of the 360…now that would have been sweet.

~

·
Registered
366 Posts
A friend of mine once said "I have this terrible aversion to crashing my car". Maybe the guy with the 360 feels the same way. :) It's one thing to crash an S2000, quite another to crash something worth six S2000s. -Steve

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
It's one thing to crash an S2000, quite another to crash something worth six S2000s. -Steve
That I could totaly understand...and can be quite intimidating since insurance companies wont insure a crash on a track.

~

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Well Nick,

All cars are different so let’s see what we can figure out that the S2000 forums can’t… (Just kidding)

Now, im going to ask you a series of questions so don’t get offended, im not trying to insult, I just need to understand the whole picture…and be honest…

1- What were you doing on all 3 occasions when the diff’s broke?
2- Do you track your car?
3- Did you modify your car? If yes what did you do? List everything, even tires and rim size modification…but not cosmetics like spoilers and interior stuff.
4- Do you drag race or do hard launches often? If yes about how many times a week?
5- Are you mechanically inclined?
6- Did you repair/change the diff’s yourself? If not who did?
7- If someone else changed the diff’s do you still have them? If yes can you take pictures and post them?
8- Did they show you the damaged parts?
9- Was that you in the S2000 video on the track? Reason im asking is I saw something the driver shouldn’t be doing…
10- What diff oils did you use?
11- Did you buy replacement OEM Honda diff’s?
12- What was the approximate outside temperature when they broke?
13- Did they break soon after driving or was it after a long period of driving?
14- Did they snap in one shot or slowly degrade where you could hear the grinding for a short while?
15- Do you ever wheel hop? This is when you rev and drop the clutch on uneven pavement and the rear wheels jump up and down off the ground and you hear a series of bangs from the rear end jumping.
16- Ever do reverse hard launches?
17- Do you race your car as often as you can like as if it was stolen?
18- What was the mileage when if first broke? And what was the mileage intervals between the two other times?

~

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I guess you don’t want to fix your problem…after 3 times it’s not just an oil issue…

Good luck

~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts