Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

A belated hello to any fellow boxer owners out there :)
I've had my 365 BB RHD # 17911 for about 6 months now. It's Nero/Nero approx 45k miles and luvverly! Currently undergoing a bare metal respray, which should be ready by late Jan /early Feb when I'll post some photos.

I know someone's been trying to track down existing 365bb's - where's the link to the latest list??

Regards
Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is taken just after I got the car. It's in near perfect mechanical condition and has been used regularly. To be honest it didn't need a full respray as such and i'm not after a concours winning car, but you know how it is, by the time you've touched up here and there it makes more economical sense to do the whole car. I can't wait for the end result!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great looking car! the boxer looks beautifull in black, can't wait to see more pics. what color is the interior?

And yes, I know how it us to get carried away. The famous "while we're at it.." caused me to spend 5k euro on a major tune up just last week.:(
but i'm happy getting her back coming saterday and make sure it was well spend money:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
...I know someone's been trying to track down existing 365bb's - where's the link to the latest list??
User 'Boxer' on here was maintaining a registry of 365 BB's although he has parted with his own car now, so I don't know the current status.

I have only a little history on this car: New to the UK. Black with black interior (as you've stated, obviously). First registered on 23 November 1974. I only have details of two previous owners (one of which was Lord Palumbo) although it appears there have been seven in total before you. I believe at one time it carried the registration 365BOX, but that is now on another black 365 BB.

Jonathan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
This is taken just after I got the car. It's in near perfect mechanical condition and has been used regularly. To be honest it didn't need a full respray as such and i'm not after a concours winning car, but you know how it is, by the time you've touched up here and there it makes more economical sense to do the whole car. I can't wait for the end result!
I am afraid I don't have a lot of history on SN 17911. Here is what I have:

SN 17911
RHD
1992, 25 November, auctioned at Brooks, Olympia, London, U.K. Sold for US$64,456.
1999, Kent High Performance Cars, black/black, plates: KBC 242 N, GB
2002, 31 July, at Kent High Performance Cars, Maidstone, England. Black/black. Plate KBC 242 N
Located in the UK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help with this. BOXER, you are obviously are a mine of information and I look forward to flooding this forum with more queries and pictures !!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks for all your help with this. BOXER, you are obviously are a mine of information and I look forward to flooding this forum with more queries and pictures !!
On Boxer tires, when you need to replace them, stay with the Michelin XWXs. You can source them from Longstone Tyres:

http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/index.php

John at Beacon Hill Garage will do a good job fitting them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbsup: Keep the faith! I'm back. Sorry I promise to make more of an effort over the coming year....

Yes, I've still got the Black Beauty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Doug- Great looking car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome back Doug!

I agree ,Onno, I think I like it even more in black than Rosso Corsa.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts