Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It's cold and lonely here, just me and the Polar Bears :(
I'm from the U.K so please forgive my ignorance regarding the climate (and wildlife;) ) in Alaska. It's one of those places that I imagine to be very cold for most of the year, with only a short summer, so not really ideal conditions for Ferrari ownership. Do you have much opportunity to take yours out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm from the U.K so please forgive my ignorance regarding the climate (and wildlife;) ) in Alaska. It's one of those places that I imagine to be very cold for most of the year, with only a short summer, so not really ideal conditions for Ferrari ownership. Do you have much opportunity to take yours out?
The winters are not that bad, just long. The summer are short and the weather is mild. I usually have mine out around mid April through mid September. I keep the top down except when it rains :) I usually put around 2000 miles on it a year. Next year I'm starting my winter maintenance in November not April.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4erob,
Do you see many Ferrari's
around Alaska or is there no chance?

I can think of about 10 or so that I've seen up here. There's a couple of 360's, a late TR's, a couple of 355's, a couple of 328's, 3 or 4 308's, and a Mondial (that'd be me). There's a 330 2+2 undergoing restoration. There was a guy that use to ice race his Ferrari's. I heard he had a pair of early TR's, a Lusso, and a few 250 / 330's. He raced with the the Ferrari Alaska Race Team (F.A.R.T).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't need many luxuries, just a nice 17 bedroom detached igloo with a swimming pool and jacuzi, TV and DVD in every room... and the keys to your ferrari;)
We'd be glad to have you over, but with this global warming stuff and the igloo melting and all... I just don't know where we'd put you :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Alaskans!

I am researching an article for a magazine. I'd like to identify Ferrari owners in Alaska with anecdotes about owning and driving (especially north of the AC). I will definitely need high resolution photos, interesting stories, tips and challenges of driving in deep freeze conditions, you know the drill. What do downstaters need to know about wintering with an F-car.

George (Quasimotor) Avgerakis

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I can think of about 10 or so that I've seen up here. There's a couple of 360's, a late TR's, a couple of 355's, a couple of 328's, 3 or 4 308's, and a Mondial (that'd be me). There's a 330 2+2 undergoing restoration. There was a guy that use to ice race his Ferrari's. I heard he had a pair of early TR's, a Lusso, and a few 250 / 330's. He raced with the the Ferrari Alaska Race Team (F.A.R.T).
I am very impressed of your Ferrari passion so far up north!:thumbsup:

I'd love to find out more about F.A.R.T!

Perhaps a fled to Alaska?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts