Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Comrades,

This is my first post. I had no knowledge of this Forum prior to it being brought to my attention by Boxer. It appears very friendly and civilised.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
It appears very friendly and civilised.
The first one always, the second we kind of slip up on now and again but all in good fun.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it is always interesting!:D

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and welcome

. I had no knowledge of this Forum prior to it being brought to my attention by Boxer.
Damn that Boxer can never keep his big mouth shut I vote to ban....:p

Howdy comrade welcome to the Life now post and pic....:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Welcome, I hope that you take part and join in the fun.
BTW, does the Vulcan part of your name have anything to do with the 60's aircraft?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, I hope that you take part and join in the fun.
BTW, does the Vulcan part of your name have anything to do with the 60's aircraft?
Dear Comrade archiegibbs,

Firstly thank you to everyone for their kind sentiments.

'Vulcan' refers to Vulcan God Of Fire. . . . . . (The F-40 spits flames from its centre exhaust - or so I am told :)

With kind regards.

Vulcan F-40

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

Firstly thank you to everyone for their kind sentiments.

'Vulcan' refers to Vulcan God Of Fire. . . . . . (The F-40 spits flames from its centre exhaust - or so I am told :)

With kind regards.

Vulcan F-40
That is does, but only the early non-cat version. It is rather impressive when it happens.

It is an excellent tool for solving tail gating problems.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree with Archie, that's something I'd like to see!

Boxer, I didn't realize tailgaters would be a problem in an F40. In fact, I was wondering why they even had rear view mirrors.

For my3/4 ton, 4wd truck I think a good tailgater prevention device would be a sticker real low on the bumper that says, "If you can read this then my bumper is much higher than yours" :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dear Comrades,

This is my first post. I had no knowledge of this Forum prior to it being brought to my attention by Boxer. It appears very friendly and civilised.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40
Welcome Vulcan,

also the knowlegde from many of the F members is almost frightening:)
any chance to share some pictures of your, one of the greatest, F car?

Best regards,
Louis

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Vulcan,

also the knowlegde from many of the F members is almost frightening:)
any chance to share some pictures of your, one of the greatest, F car?

Best regards,
Louis
Dear Comrade Louis,

I should be delighted to comply with your request. However, I have no idea whatsoever how to follow the procedural route to transmit the images into cyber-space (wherever that is) and then direct them onto the pages of this most excellent of Forums. Furthermore, the images are within the Kodak Easyshare software and I would need to retrieve them from there first . . . . the whole thing terrifies me greatly. However, I do have some very nice images of my motor car at Silverstone last year when it formed part of the sixtieth anniversary celebrations and whereupon forty three F-40's paraded around the Grand Prix Circuit thus to gain the World Record. A most excellent day indeed.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Boxer, I didn't realize tailgaters would be a problem in an F40. In fact, I was wondering why they even had rear view mirrors.

:)
Tailgaters are in traffic and France (were the police seem to really not care for Mr Enzo's creations, especially ones with foreign plates). When one is limited by traffic and radar traps, you get people coming up right on your tail trying to get the perfect picture with their crap camera phones.

On the rear view mirrors, yup, pretty useless.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Dear Comrade Louis,

I should be delighted to comply with your request. However, I have no idea whatsoever how to follow the procedural route to transmit the images into cyber-space (wherever that is) and then direct them onto the pages of this most excellent of Forums. Furthermore, the images are within the Kodak Easyshare software and I would need to retrieve them from there first . . . . the whole thing terrifies me greatly. However, I do have some very nice images of my motor car at Silverstone last year when it formed part of the sixtieth anniversary celebrations and whereupon forty three F-40's paraded around the Grand Prix Circuit thus to gain the World Record. A most excellent day indeed.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40
Comrade Vulcan Efforty,

If you email them to me, I will post them on your behalf.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The French seem to be very loyal to Peugeot, Citroen and Renault, therefore the traffic cops shouldn't be a problem as they'll never keep up with you. Just to be safe, make a clone of Cap't Pete's licence plate and stick that on the back of the F40;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Comrade Vulcan-F40,

Is this your F40 as driven by Mr Clarkson of Top Gear fame?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CQlB7VnN4Zs

No, this is not my motor car. However, thank you for posting the link as it was wonderful to view it again. Incidentally, it is my understanding that the cars, all of 'em, belong to Nick Mason (Pink Floyd).

Thank you again.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Dear Comrade Louis,
I should be delighted to comply with your request. However, I have no idea whatsoever how to follow the procedural route to transmit the images into cyber-space (wherever that is) and then direct them onto the pages of this most excellent of Forums.
Boxer,
I remember on another thread how you said having Vulcan F-40 here would be good for all our vocabulary but I never expected anything like this on any car forum ever. How refreshing!!

Dear Comrade Vulcan F-40,
Allow me to renew my welcome to you, I must say that you do express yourself in a very eloquent fashion. It is the participation of members such as yourself that makes this site one of respect and excellence. I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Also, if you ever want any custom work done on your car make sure you contact either myself or Comrade Archiegibbs. We have references.

Best regards,
Capt. Pete

1 - 20 of 48 Posts