Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I don't own a Ferrari, but I really enjoy them. I am a college student and have an '07 Cobalt LT (Not that amazing) LOL 5 speed though. I am a Dental student at the University of Detroit Mercy, so in a few years I will be able to buy a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome Chris,
To echo what Boxer said, my dentist just traded in his 328 for a 575.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Uhhhh ...

Chris, Welcome to the community. Jimmy, who is a dentist in Japan, has one of the nicest car collection here so your choice of profession is definitely is in line with your automotive aspirations.
Hi Boxer, I am a little ashamed to be referred to as such. A phrase like that from you is an honor indeed. Seriously, Boxer, watching your acquisitions lately, I am truly amazed and wasn't ready for it. (Personally, an F40 was very tempting but did not suit my needs and reality here in Japan. ) We all have to keep an eye on you so that you are not tempted to buy and Enzo next ??!!?? So glad to know that you are enjoying your new Fs thoroughly. Thanks again. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Welcome on board

Welcome on board, Chris. Great to see another enthusiatic member. Everyone here are helpful and I am sure you would enjoy the feedbacks. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hi Boxer, I am a little ashamed to be referred to as such. A phrase like that from you is an honor indeed. Seriously, Boxer, watching your acquisitions lately, I am truly amazed and wasn't ready for it. (Personally, an F40 was very tempting but did not suit my needs and reality here in Japan. ) We all have to keep an eye on you so that you are not tempted to buy and Enzo next ??!!?? So glad to know that you are enjoying your new Fs thoroughly. Thanks again. w/ smiles Jimmy
Knowing his taste I don't think an Enzo will ever be in his garage. My bet is that he will now go back in time and grab a Daytona or something similar.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
But ...

Knowing his taste I don't think an Enzo will ever be in his garage. My bet is that he will now go back in time and grab a Daytona or something similar.
But Andrew, I would have never imagined that Boxer would go after F50 with a F40 in his stable already. Jimmy

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
In some ways if you think about it they are at the pinnacle of cars before computers took over and he has always liked raw drivers cars like the Boxers. You can't get anymore raw than either the F40 or F50. Neither have any creature comforts, no radio, no carpet, just the bare bones to go drive.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
In some ways if you think about it they are at the pinnacle of cars before computers took over and he has always liked raw drivers cars like the Boxers. You can't get anymore raw than either the F40 or F50. Neither have any creature comforts, no radio, no carpet, just the bare bones to go drive.
I suppose you are correct, Andrew. I never had the opportunity to experience rides in either ones so I cannot say much, but they're so awesome, league in their own, super cars. I suppose Boxer's thirst for power and speed is insatiable. Great choices indeed. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
You are right on direction. Wouldn't be any time soon but in a couple of years, a 330 GTS or a 275 GTS would make for the perfect summer cruiser. Saw great examples of both at the FOC UK Concours.

The only thing I might do in the next year is trade the 308 GTB for a 360 Challenge as I am doing quite a few track days now.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I suppose you are correct, Andrew. I never had the opportunity to experience rides in either ones so I cannot say much, but they're so awesome, league in their own, super cars. I suppose Boxer's thirst for power and speed is insatiable. Great choices indeed. Jimmy
Jimmy, It is not so much the speed or power, more the purity of the total driving experience. The F50 really is as close to a road legal F1 car as you are ever going to get. It is also the last Ferrari Supercar that is not crammed full of computers.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Jimmy, It is not so much the speed or power, more the purity of the total driving experience. The F50 really is as close to a road legal F1 car as you are ever going to get. It is also the last Ferrari Supercar that is not crammed full of computers.
Well put, Boxer. Personally, I can live without those computer managed cars driving the driver instead of the other way around. As for the F1 experience, I know you may not be interested but Porsche Carrera GT sound is a virtual F1 music, if you get the chance to drive it. Happy driving. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow...I was curious as to what I posted as an introduction thread and looked back....I sure have diverged from the original path that I planned on taking. I now am a New Technology Platform Development Technician for a major tape manufacture. Slightly different then my original Dentistry route. Interesting how drastically things can change within a mere five years. I'm glad to have spent a majority of the past five years communicating with many of you on this site. It truly is amazing what technology can provide....although I have been a ghost for many months on the actual site.

Chris (for old times sake):thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Chris- Does that mean you are not doing any dentistry on the side?

Five years can make quite a change. Having a science, math, or engineering degree does mean you are qualified to do a ton of things.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....maybe I am doing it on the side....:yikes: Yeah my degree in human biology led me into a research and development department dealing with adhesives...who knew:ears: At least for the time being I will be working with this company. It will not fuel my ability to purchase a Ferrari....however my students loans have already taken that wish from anytime in the foreseeable future. I will most likely be going back within the next couple years and attain a chemistry degree.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts