Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get an aftermarket clutch for my 348?
I want something that can handle a bit more power and a bit heavier than the stock one.
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think AP Racing makes an uprated disc(s) for the 348. I'm not familiar with your model, but I thought some models of 348 have either had single, or twin-disc clutches. This could be a factor in the avaliability of a performance clutch.

If that route fails, there are some companies that can reline discs with higher-grade materials.

Please keep in mind, this will be harder to operate and won't neccesarily last longer than stock for street use.

·
Registered
286 Posts
348 clutch

Astro, Don't you have a slave cylinder on the clutch linkage of your 348? If so the diff. in the pressure plates should not be that noticeable. Don't you think so Peter?

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I mentioned: "...harder to operate..." it was meant not neccesarily physically harder, but less controlable. Most of these disc linings are of a harder type substance than street discs, this allows for rapid, abrupt on/off gear changes. Racing clutches don't tolerate much of the slip that's done while street driving (letting clutch out slowly for smooth, gradual take-offs from a stop).

As for different pressure plates with harder springs, pedal effort can be decreased by installing (an aftermarket) SMALLER I.D. clutch master cylinder (yes, going smaller actually increases output effort. Trick used by racers to help change bias on dual-cylinder braking systems).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Peter, Are you talking about clutch plates that are of a different material than the orig. clutch lining? As you know there were some of the other guys who used the beefed up clutches and really didn't have that much of a problem. At least they didn't report any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts