Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Rome / Modena later this month....

Is this the best way to go.... Rome then Modena.. or is it better to fly in somewhere else (NORTH) and end up in Rome. after.......

I was thinking of engaging a driver to take my wife and I from Rome up to Modena for factory tour... (this should be set up with dealer I am told) OR SHOULD I JUST TAKE THE TRAIN NORTH TO MODENA FROM ROME ?

I am waiting on a GT from Maz. factory, but it is unlikely that I will coordinate trip with the actual delivery of MY car.... I don't see the point of this anyway as I can't drive it home.... ha....

Any input or insight would be appreciated.... Thanks !

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Go with Boxer's suggestion, sounds like a great plan to me, although you could easily do it the other way around as well (land in Rome, drive to Milan).

I would not take the train, there are so many nice roads in that part of Italy.

If you want the Ferrari factory tour you may have left it a little late to organise, though.

Have a great trip!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Men

appreciate the info....

decided to fly into Rome... train or driver to Florence for 3 days... then use Florence as home base for Modena trip.... then back to Rome or 3 or 4 days before flying back to the good old US of A.

Has anyone rented cars and driven streets of italy... I heard Rome is "death defying"

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I heard Rome is "death defying"
You haven't lived until you've put your head in the crocodile's mouth!

Seriously, though, it's not even close to being that bad. You try driving in Santiago de Chile, or Cairo.

If you do pluck up the courage, just remember: Italians wear their hearts on their sleeve. They are easily flammable, but give them one smile and they're just putty in your hands. So don't worry about it - they are much better drivers than most people give them credit for. They cut corners, but they're always looking out for the unexpected at the same time. I never worry about driving in Italy.

I have to say, it was funny that you said "flying out of Rome back to the good old US of A". Good, absolutely, but old? Any building in Rome built 100 years before the Mayflower landed you won't even notice because it's too modern...

Tongue firmly in cheek here - no offense meant at all. It's just that Rome has such an awesome history which never fails to floor me.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts