Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 355 with hazed fog lights. I've tried everything to clear them up, but nothing seems to work. They work fine so it's crazy to spend $400.00 for each side just to clear up the glass. Any ideas? I've tried to buy just the glass, but can't seem find any.....anywhere.

Thanks,
DJTJ

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Lemon Pledge for wood furniture in a spray can.

~

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
If it is hazed on the outside and you can remove it, take it to a jeweler and he can polish the lens. Polishing fine metals is what they do for a living and polishing glass is not that much different than polishing metal. He might look at you funny when you bring in a fog light but tell him it is for a Ferrari and he'll probably give you a break. Pawn shops that specialize in jewelry usually have a guy that can polish just about anything.

If it is hazed on the inside you are pretty much screwed. One of the headlights on my truck is hazed on the inside and I have to replace it. Fortunately a Dodge truck headlight is cheaper than $400.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Look on EBAY and there is always fog lights for sale. Just type in Ferrari 355 and hit search. There was one on there last week brand new at a good price. Alternatively there are some wrecking yards that have them from time to time from smashed up ferraris. Let me know and I will give you some websites if you wish

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I have a 1995 355 with hazed fog lights. I've tried everything to clear them up, but nothing seems to work. They work fine so it's crazy to spend $400.00 for each side just to clear up the glass. Any ideas? I've tried to buy just the glass, but can't seem find any.....anywhere.

Thanks,
DJTJ
For Lemon Pledge to work it has to be a plastic lens...

A friend of mine used to work for a wrecker and that's what they did to all the plastic healights and charge 1/4 less of a new one.

~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts