Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Comrades,

I am interested to learn whether anyone else has had their Ferrari Classiche Certificated?

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Registered
54 Posts
My car is not old enough as its an 89 and the car has to have been built 20 years ago or more for certification. But I have obtained the Heritage Certificate on line, it gives build date, interior and exterior colors. But because I have an unusual interior color combination that draws questions about originality at car shows, I emailed the Classiche Representative in the US to obtain verification about the original dashboard and interior colors. They verified the original color via email, and informed me that for a fee I could obtain written documentation from the Classiche Department. So I sent them a check and a request for the information and I recieved a letter from the Classiche Department in Maranello which states the vin and model number, original exterior color, interior color, dashboard color, carpet color, and the name of the dealer it was delivered to along with the month and year it was delivered to the dealer.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have had a Classiche certificate done, on an older car. Now its done I believe there is value in such on a higher value early car. Although I would not get a certificate for any Ferrari just because it is 20 years old. For example there are to many Daytonas around to make it worthwhile. But not many TDF's and the cost of a cert is negligible in comparison to the TDF.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have had a Classiche certificate done, on an older car. Now its done I believe there is value in such on a higher value early car. Although I would not get a certificate for any Ferrari just because it is 20 years old. For example there are to many Daytonas around to make it worthwhile. But not many TDF's and the cost of a cert is negligible in comparison to the TDF.
Dear Comrade The Red Baron,

But surely the Classiche Certification does confirm the authenticity of a motor car and this would perhaps provide sufficient comfort to a prospective purchaser for he/she to look more favourably toward a certificated motor car (all other things being equal).

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I tend to agree with the Red Barons position. On a TdF it makes sense. On a 365 GT4 2+2 it is a bit daft. Overall the core idea behind the Classiche Program is spot on. It is the manner in which Ferarri has been executing it that really raises most of the issues owners have had with it.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Ferrari now seems to have moved this program into a new dimension of financially punishing non-compliant owners. I recently received an "invitation" to a Supercar gathering in Rome. For Classiche Certified cars, the event fee was GBP 500 less then for non-certified cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts