Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice on how to value a car like this? It is sold on eBay now. Lots of details available here. It is a stunning car and the magazine writeups of it are amazing. Apparently stays glued to the road. And it is loud!

Any advice welcome...

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
There was a company that produced these cars. I believe souped up engine and some bodywork. Spectacular car. How to value it? Since there weren't many made difficult to say. Look at the newprice mentioned in the auction, decide or you want to pay extra or less for the paintjob done, and then decide how much you want to pay less for the car being used in a rally taht isn't know for people who take well care of their cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought I would put it out there that the car isn't really painted orange. It is red with orange stickers on the body panels. I saw the car in Rome and you can see the sticker lines around the hood vents. Even with that said, this car is still amazing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im glad to hear its not orange. A Dukes Of Hazard 'General Lee' 550 Maranello? I think somebody was smoking crack. At least they had the foresight to make it stickers so they could be removed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
There was a company that produced these cars. I believe souped up engine and some bodywork. Spectacular car. How to value it? Since there weren't many made difficult to say. Look at the newprice mentioned in the auction, decide or you want to pay extra or less for the paintjob done, and then decide how much you want to pay less for the car being used in a rally taht isn't know for people who take well care of their cars.
Prodrive built the LeMans 550, same people that build the WRC Subarus. I don't know if Cosworth did anything to the motor. Speaking of orange Ferraris, anyone see the offset red (orange) Enzo at the Concourse up in Monterrey?

·
Registered
18 Posts
"The 550 Le Mans Limited Edition was built to commemorate the astounding Ferrari 550 Maranello victory at the 2003 Le Mans 24 Hour race. The goal was to build a road car that resembled the race car to as large an extent as possible

The idea and concept of the car came from Frédéric Dor, owner of Care Racing who developed the Ferrari 550 Maranello that won the GTS class in the 2003 Le Mans. The car was built in conjunction with esmotorsport in the UK.

Hailed in the motor press as one of the most exciting super cars of the year, only four were ever built. The car being auctioned is the first one built and the car that was featured in all the news articles.

The car was the lead car in the 2005 Gumball 3000 rally where it was driven by Gumball founder Maximillion Cooper. For the race, the car was dressed up in orange as the General Lee car from the movie The Dukes of Hazzard."

Ok, so this car isn't even 'real'. If it were a genuine Prodrive built car I'd say go for it, but it's apparently not. I wouldn't even drive a Dodge Charger in that color and paint scheme; if you choose to buy it then stay away from ethnic neighborhoods until you get her resprayed. :lol:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If it was a prodrive car you wouldn't be able to drive it on the street... They build racing cars. This is a different company. This company takes 550's and tweak them a little.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
FuelInjection09

I saw pictures of the orange Enzo

that was... different :-?

·
Registered
220 Posts
360_Spider said:
i saw a 550LM like that in Red for sale at £172,000 it was absoultely beautiful.
This is still for sale @ Verdi- www.verdiferrari.biz As for orange car, it seems the orange paint is, in fact, stuck on via adhesive sheets. Car is Rosso Corsa underneath. Apologies for insisting it's orange :oops: :p

·
Registered
509 Posts
Definatley prefer the red. Gorgeous car. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts