Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
15,185 Posts
pmm, I think you have a pretty good idea of what you need to look for. Find a car you like and get the PPI done. Full service history is a must and a recent cambelt change is a plus. As a F355 GTS manual owner, I have to appaud your choice. Regarding the years, some people recommend avoiding the 95's due to the very misunderstood valve guide issue. If the car had a problem, it would have had to been sorted a long time ago. If not, the PPI will pick it up. I have a 95 and have never had a problem with it. Good luck with your search.

P.S. I assume you have seen the F355 Buyers Guide in the Members section.

·
Administrator
15,185 Posts
I guess I have been fortunate as I have never had a major problem with the squeaky roof. I believe part of the squeaking is caused by not putting the roof back on properly and part by the rubber seal degrading over time (which will happen more quickly in hot humid climates). The issue on leaking is very real. Not an issue when you are moving, but when parked or sitting in traffic in a heavy rain you can get 2 small trickles running down the front corners of the roof. It is annoying but you go forget about it when the top is off on a brilliant sunny day. Suggest you drive a GTS (with top on and off), Spider, and Berlinetta then see which you prefer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.