Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem: The 308 (and probably the 328) have a small 65mm throttle body (TB). Even some lowly 2 liter imports have at least 65mm body openings! So what can be done to get more air to the engine? After research have decided to have the guys who have been doing race prep and maintenance on the car here, KTR European (www.ktrmotorsports.com), to mod the TB and Plenum. FYI: KTR does race prep for many cars and it is a huge facility supporting many race cars, does restoration, fabrication, etc. The head Ferrari guy has done work on various Ferrari race cars including the 333SP!

Once they are setup to bore out the 3x8 TB and Plenum from 65mm to 70mm it is straightforward to do a run of them. Naturally a new butterfly will be fabricated to the new, larger size. More air to the engine means more HP/TQ. As for cost, we are guesstimating $575 for both TB and Plenum (or $425 for just the TB). The more people who sign up for this the lower the costs for setup and fabricating the butterfly per unit so it could be upwards of $100+ lower than the price above if we get 5+ people in this.

It is relatively easy for a DIY'er to remove/install the TB and Plenum, or if you live close to KTR European i am sure they would be happy to work a package deal for parts and labor accordingly. Of course your local mechanic can also do the labor, though as i said a DIY'er should have no problem as it is fairly easy to remove/install the TB and Plenum.

Please e-mail at steve AT enjoythemusic DOT com if you are interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know if this would work. First, I am not sure if the FI system would be suitable to work with this enough to make a difference and, second, what about the CIS control valve that comes before the TB? I would think that would be far worse than the smaller TB. But, what do I know?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smarty Jones said:
I don't know if this would work. First, I am not sure if the FI system would be suitable to work with this enough to make a difference and, second, what about the CIS control valve that comes before the TB? I would think that would be far worse than the smaller TB. But, what do I know?
Hi, am rersearching it all and others on another forum have brought up the CIS issue. i may go ahead and do it to my car anyway and find out for myself. i know others have bored out their TB/Plenum and it was fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts