• FF

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • California

Votes: 2 1.2%
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
What....the 308 GT4 Dino is not good enough ???

Just kidding, I think it looks cool ! but it doesn't compare to the others on the list......

~

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wow, tough choice. So many classics and then the moderns.

The 456, while a great car (first ferrari I ever drove!), doesnt stack up to the 612, and doesnt have the apeal of a classic (yet). Thought about the others but I had to go with the 612.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I answer with no doubts: Ferrari 456 GT M [modificato]. Last Year I almost bought one, but it was stolen from Germany. I am not a criminal and will never cheat. Never buy a stolen car, even if it is a Ferrari. I am dreaming on a Ferrari, but I promis myself to get one with no cheating.... No stoling cars, no stolen or illegal money.... FairPlay.....
Just for information, the guys that stoled it asked 5000 Euro for one from 1995, it was a gray Ferrari 456GT. They also stole a Maserati Coupe, Ferrari F355 Spider and a Lamborghini Murcielago, but this year they was caught!!!! Yahoooooo!!!!! The cars were given to Europol..... Here in Moldova I am not wandering of everything.....
So my vote is Ferrar 456 GTM.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good idea! Will U open such new survey abot the rest of Ferrari's? I'm sure the results will bw very interesting....... For example "The best Highe Performance Ferrari" or "The best V12/V8" usf. I'm a statist by profesion, and I am very curious to analize such data =) Or ''The Best Ferrari vote by Ferrari Funs''.
Keep it up..... =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I still have my 355! and yes its a totally different driving experience. In fact if it werent for the badging and the beautiful gated shifter's you would think they were unrelated cars such is the difference.

The 456m is a big heavy car 2+2, with gobs of torque and grunt. Apart from the obvious that it is a luxury front engined V12 GT car it is a much more civilized driving experience in normal driving than the 355 which is a balls to the wall screaming automotive work of art that is a blast to drive high in the rev band just to hear the glorious V8 wail and gets noticed wherever you go You'd better not be the shy type driving a 355 or any V8 ferrari for that matter because the camera phones will be out in force on the roads as you scream by. On the 456m flick the sport button on and flick off the ASR traction control and the 456m becomes much more than just a luxo GT car, and this is where Ferrari excel over the competion. In sport mode the shocks tighten up the engine becomes more responsive the cars sounds better(with Tubi exhsust) and feels like a much smaller car. In effect you forget you are driving a a big GT. And boy just floor that accelerator in 3rd gear and its like being shot out of a cannon, the torque is absolutely astounding. Leaves the 355 for dead.

I wanted the back seats to include our small kids in the outings Etc!. If I did not have kids there would be a 550 in my garage no doubt. . Yes the 456m engine is detuned a little from the identical 550 engine given the 456m's family friendly aspirations BUT the 456m is not that much of a trade off if at all. And IMO its the best value for your ferrari $$$ right now. They are under loved(as all 2+2's are) and dirt cheap by ferrari standards. I am very fortunate to own both V 8 and V 12 cars and they compliment each other very well. Too totally different cars each brilliant in their own right.

Boxer said:
How do you find driving the 456 M GT after the F355 ?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still have my 355! and yes its a totally different driving experience. In fact if it werent for the badging and the beautiful gated shifter's you would think they were unrelated cars such is the difference.

The 456m is a big heavy car 2+2, with gobs of torque and grunt. Apart from the obvious that it is a luxury front engined V12 GT car it is a much more civilized driving experience in normal driving than the 355 which is a balls to the wall screaming automotive work of art that is a blast to drive high in the rev band just to hear the glorious V8 wail and gets noticed wherever you go You'd better not be the shy type driving a 355 or any V8 ferrari for that matter because the camera phones will be out in force on the roads as you scream by. On the 456m flick the sport button on and flick off the ASR traction control and the 456m becomes much more than just a luxo GT car, and this is where Ferrari excel over the competion. In sport mode the shocks tighten up the engine becomes more responsive the cars sounds better(with Tubi exhsust) and feels like a much smaller car. In effect you forget you are driving a a big GT. And boy just floor that accelerator in 3rd gear and its like being shot out of a cannon, the torque is absolutely astounding. Leaves the 355 for dead.

I wanted the back seats to include our small kids in the outings Etc!. If I did not have kids there would be a 550 in my garage no doubt. . Yes the 456m engine is detuned a little from the identical 550 engine given the 456m's family friendly aspirations BUT the 456m is not that much of a trade off if at all. And IMO its the best value for your ferrari $$$ right now. They are under loved(as all 2+2's are) and dirt cheap by ferrari standards. I am very fortunate to own both V 8 and V 12 cars and they compliment each other very well. Too totally different cars each brilliant in their own right.
Given the recent questions on the 456 GT, thought this was a great summary to pull back up.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It's funny - I approached this poll asking myself "which the one that I would most like to have?". And from that I voted 330 GT 2+2.

But staring hard at that list, there isn't actually one that I would buy myself. Which is a bit of a shocking revelation to me! Because I like all these cars - but just not quite enough to buy.

The 250 GTE is too primitive with its drum brakes. Handling not stellar either. The 330 GT 2+2 is like a heavy, less pretty, worse handling version of my 330 GTC. The 365 GT 2+2 is an upgrade of the its predecessor but still has the same characteristics. The GTC/4 is almost great - if it was prettier I would want one. The Dino GT4 is a great little car for the money, but I'd rather have a 308 vetro. The Mondial can be really ugly (the 8), but the T is not bad. Nonetheless I would much rather have any of the 2 seater cars. The 456 is a slower, less capable version of my 550. The 612 is a spectacular car but it's almost ugly.

There's an old saying: if you need 4 Ferrari seats, you buy 2 Ferraris...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe that the best is yet to come. So for now the best is the newest most advanced offering available; the 612. I very much like the styling too and pre-owned ones are getting somewhat affordable.

Tom

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I believe that the best is yet to come.
It all depends on what you prefer. "The Greatest" doesn't necessarily mean the latest in SatNav or fastest around the Nurburgring. For a lot of people, the driving experience is the most important and that experience can be more satisfying in older cars, depending on your preferences.

Personally, I believe that super- and hypercars are losing some of their attractiveness because they are just becoming too fast, too nanny-ish, and also too complicated.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Personally, I believe that super- and hypercars are losing some of their attractiveness because they are just becoming too fast, too nanny-ish, and also too complicated.
+1!

Back in the day a super-car would be a beast, full of its own particular character (both in looks and mechanics), that took skill to master. Something hyper-attractive, but also realistically quite lethal and in any case involving the driver.

Modern day super-cars can still kill - due to their warp speed potential - but under regular circumstances they are neither very difficult to drive, nor particularly dangerous. Anyone - with the right amount of cash, mind you - can get behind the wheel and let the electronics and power assist systems run their course. Nor are most of these cars overly idiosyncratic anymore for that matter, they do tend to look increasingly similar (be that to my untrained eye).

Another thing I don't really like is the proliferation of the super-car concept. Granted, there were quite a few bizarre little niche brands around a few decades back, but at least those were niche brands. Nowadays basically all automotive majors build supercars: e.g. Audi has its RS-series and R8, Lexus is fielding the L-FA, and the announcement that Volkswagen (!) is looking hard at going into F1 is a sure-fire sign that we'll see a VW hypercar before long (assuming one doesn't already classify Bentley and Bugatti as such).

With all due respect to technological progress, and modern design and marketing prowess, I do believe the heyday of supercars was back in the 70s and 80s.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts