Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 21st Sept.
Beautiful weather. Scottish area group of the FOC get together.
Got a lift with GTS28, what a great bloke :)
25 Ferraris meet outside Edinburgh for a visit to Graypaul, the Edinburgh Ferrari/Maserati/Bentley/Porsche/Lambo dealership. Another Ferrari met us at Graypaul plus there were a few other f-cars lying about incuding the F430 scuderia.
After eats and chat at Graypaul a run along the coast was organised.
Made up for the lousy summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That looks like an absolutely amazing time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Great pictures......how wonderful for a Swissie to have a look down the gorgeous streets of Edinburgh again.....after 17 years !:)
Thanks for that impression.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pictures......how wonderful for a Swissie to have a look down the gorgeous streets of Edinburgh again.....after 17 years !:)
Thanks for that impression.
The trip through Edinburgh was superb - a constant stream of surprised "Theres a Ferrari" looks followed by "And another one, and another one" grins. Mobile phone cameras were busy that day.
Edinburgh streets are a great place for a Tubi :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Marlin, great pictures, thanks for posting! The black F355 is so beautiful :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great pics Marlin.
I've been to several East Midlands FOC meets at Graypaul in Nottingham, they are very accomodating too. It's always nice to look around the showroom and dream about how to spend that illusive lottery win.

My first trip to Graypaul was in 1995 when they were at Loughborough and on a much smaller scale than they are now. I was after a Mondial at the time, and despite it being obvious I couldn't afford one the sales executive still gave me a two hour VIP tour of the workshop and let me sit in most of the cars in the showwroom (except the F40:( )

I was very impressed with them and went back to Loughborough in 2004, just before they moved to Nottingham. They gave me the same treatment all over again. Although the sales exec did try to pressurise me into buying a 355GTS on a lease purchase plan with a sky high baloon payment:eek:

Great company and customer service:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
MR MARLIN , you are to kind, it was a pleasure to see you smile all day, even if you were a bit nervy on some corners on the way home !! :D Are those finger marks in my passenger seat ??? 187 mile round trip, gorgeous weather ,good company, great cars. As always when trying to organise events it seems a lot of hassle but in reflection worth all the effort. Just cant wait for the next one !!!! And never let it be said there are no Ferraris in Scotland !! Onward and upwards for the Scottish Area Group FOC.;)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Marlin, I guess "on the metal" it is easier to tell that it is green, but in the pictures it is very very hard to tell the difference!!

maybe it's verde zeltweg, it is very very dark, but then again almost impossible to tell by pictures only

still, the F355 looks gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MR GTS28, it is you who are kind giving me the lift - and you only scared me on one corner :) :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks black doesn't it :)
Actually it is dark green !! Is it Verde Scuro Metallico ??
Here's a black one to compare - look the same don't they :)
I would think it is Verde Zeltweg, but I haven't got all my files to hand to confirm at the moment.

Jonathan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts