Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at a local cruise in on saturday with the 308. anyway a couple came up to me, must have been in their mid 30's and say "this is a beautiful car, has it always looked this good?" and i explained that it was in OK shape when we bought it in january and it needed some love. i happen to have pics of the garage and all the various projects that we did to the car during the later parts of winter. everything from detailing the undercarage to repainting the numbers on the shift ball. and even as resent as re-undercoating the wheelwells and underneth the rocker panels. anyway the wife was a huge 308 fan and had always wanted one and they had been looking for some time. the had looked at our car when it was in the dealer showroom we bought it from. at the time the asking price was 30k, a bit high for a rough 308. so they passed. but we got it and they were blown away that it was the same car. they offered me $40k on the spot. we picked it up for $24k out the door!!! they could see that we put alot of time and energy into the car and were willing to pay on the HIGH end for a 308 driver. as tempting as it was i had to turn them down, but i did take a buisness card incase i change my mind.
i did learn something though. its not what the car is worth, its what a person is willing to pay.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
wow not bad
that's pretty tempting i must say, with that money you would almost be able to get your 512 TR
I was going to say the same. Sell it for 40k get 10k and you got your testarossa, don't think you could get the 512 those are still holding prices well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Let me give you a clue, When you wanna become rich :idea:
Buy low and sell high :wink:
You bought low and don't wanna sell high :roll:
Sell it now you can, and buy a 328 back its far better, faster, more reliable
:eek:ha:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think at this point it has become centimental. i have alot of sweat and blood in that car. im not ready to give it up so easily. plus i plan to expand the garage collection not part with some to make room for others. :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I love my car, but if someone offered me 40 I'd hand over the keys. Sweet Profit.
30 would get me thinking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would be thinking too

:green: My Mondial probley stands me in at around 36K ,And Im verry sentimentil about the car but if someone offerd me 43k Id say seeya :eek:ha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts