Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not some Bentley dealers are offering $60,500.00 off the MSRP of a New Continental GT!

Probably the same for the Spur.

Now that I find interesting!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Believe it or not some Bentley dealers are offering $60,500.00 off the MSRP of a New Continental GT!

Probably the same for the Spur.

Now that I find interesting!
Low $100s....hmmm...still to much for me:laugh:

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That would actually put it at about $120-$125K.

Not a bad deal.
How much is a new Bentley? Aren't they around $170~$190K?

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is a new Bentley? Aren't they around $170~$190K?
Spurs are in that range but the GT's have been pulling a bit more I believe.

I know after Thanksgiving the discount was $50K on on-hand inventory.

It's a bit better now.

Going down!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Spurs are in that range but the GT's have been pulling a bit more I believe.

I know after Thanksgiving the discount was $50K on on-hand inventory.

It's a bit better now.

Going down!
Never been a huge fan of Bentleys...but hey....the price makes it a slight bit more appealing. The Bentley Continental GT is most commonly owned by the rappers now:thumbsdown: With the 26" ridiculous bling bling spinner rims. (shakes head)

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are beautiful cars. We have quite a few in the area.

Each is very classy.

No rappers here.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
They are beautiful cars. We have quite a few in the area.

Each is very classy.

No rappers here.
Good good. No 78" pink spinners then...whew. I've seen two in the area where I live. They were stock and looked very nice. (I find them more appealing in person). I saw one in Detroit near my school that was two tone, pink and green....sadly this is a common two tone among guys....I don't know why. Also, the car had per say "bling bling" rims....:thumbsdown: Very much a disappointment.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No this is refinesville.

Cars are all well kept.

I bet we have more Bentley's, Enzo's, and Ferrari's than most other areas.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
No this is refinesville.

Cars are all well kept.

I bet we have more Bentley's, Enzo's, and Ferrari's than most other areas.
An Enzo....now that is a car I really want to see in person.:)

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
There are a few here but they are very infrequently driven around.
There are 5 F430s that I've seen the past few summers, pretty frequently too. There was one red coupe with the challenge style wheels, and there were 4 spiders, two red, one dark blue, and one black. I've also seen a black F355 spider once, and a 348 a couple of times. Sadly, they aren't driven much because of Michigan's weather.:thumbsdown: I usually see them at a Japanese restaurant called Osaka (amazing food:thumbsup:) I drove by once and saw a Rolls Royce Phantom, a Bentley continental GT, a F430 spider, and a Corvette Z06 parked in front. :D Needless to say I drove through the parking lot a few times ;)

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The exotics you see here are not necessarily in parking lots. They are on the streets!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
When I was in San Francisco Andrew let me sit in a Bently. Nice car, very refined. I don't know if it is for me though. It is kind of a paradox. It is a pure full-size luxury car, which I like, but it also has like 650 hp under the hood. If I wanted to spend that kind of money on a car though, I think I'd still go for a 550.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
When I was in San Francisco Andrew let me sit in a Bently. Nice car, very refined. I don't know if it is for me though. It is kind of a paradox. It is a pure full-size luxury car, which I like, but it also has like 650 hp under the hood. If I wanted to spend that kind of money on a car though, I think I'd still go for a 550.
+1, I would definitely prefer a 550/575 to the Bentley Conti GT. Rear seats are useless, even less room than on an Aston Vanquish S.

You might be able to find an early 612 in the same range.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
There are some good deals to be had at the moment, but I think they will get even better as the year progresses and the financial climate deteriorates further. Nearly every airfield in the UK is crammed full of unsold new cars. Whilst these may only be run of the mill daily drivers, there must still be a plenty of unsold exotics parked up too.
Not wishing to be a prophet of doom, but I don't think 2009 is going to be any better than 2008. Happy New Year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
There are some good deals to be had at the moment, but I think they will get even better as the year progresses and the financial climate deteriorates further. Nearly every airfield in the UK is crammed full of unsold new cars. Whilst these may only be run of the mill daily drivers, there must still be a plenty of unsold exotics parked up too.
Not wishing to be a prophet of doom, but I don't think 2009 is going to be any better than 2008. Happy New Year :thumbsup:
+1. It's going to be an interesting year - if you're in the market, Q1 and Q2 will be the time to grab your opportunity.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Another consideration is how a buyer intends to purchase their new vehicle. Someone with cash is in a very good position, and with deposit interest rates so low there isn't an incentive to save on deposit. With equity based investments falling 30-40% in the last year, there is a good arguement that buying the right exotic will see you lose less in depreciation than if you had invested in stocks. Plus you get the enjoyment factor of an exotic. Buying stocks doesn't really give one the same thrills as buying a sports car, and I've never heard anyone saying 'I own 0.000001% of Mega-corporation PLC'.

On the other hand someone buying on credit really needs to do their homework. Availability of credit is still severly restricted, with finance companies requesting larger % deposits and price risk accordingly. The best or headline low rates are only available to those with steady employment, good income and a perfect credit profile. Anyone who doesn't fit the best risk profile my find themselves paying a higher interest rate.

Personally, I have learned my lesson buying cars on finance. I always found that the cars I bought depreciated faster than the loan was being repaid as the finance company always load the interest on the front end. I have owned too many cars where the value of the car was less than the settlement figure on the finance. This may not be a problem on a car you intend to keep for longer than the loan term, but for me, I change my daily drivers every 6/12 months (or even less). It just seems crazy paying interest on something that is depreciating.

Cash is King, and I only buy for cash now.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 550 is a great car but in 3 years the Bentley will not need timing belts, etc. and that gets to be a consideration over time.

So there are considerations with every purchase.

The Bentley is not for everyone but it's a beauty! It's on my list.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The 550 is a great car but in 3 years the Bentley will not need timing belts, etc. and that gets to be a consideration over time.

So there are considerations with every purchase.

The Bentley is not for everyone but it's a beauty! It's on my list.
How do you feel about the Arnage T?

Chris

1 - 20 of 58 Posts