Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to my mechanic this past Tuesday. I had an appointment on Monday for its 3,000 miles oil change and check up. He said, “Sorry Charley. I cannot do it today. I am to busy. You were not here on time. Bring it tomorrow Wednesday. Oh, by the way, quit telling people about me. I do not need more business, turkey.” “OK,” I said. When I dropped it off to my man I said, “Larry, I have almost 58,000 miles on my sweet thing. It is time for a major.”

The good news is he said. “No, your car is running nice and we will wait until it hits 60,000 miles or so, at the next oil change. The belts are only two years old and may not need to be replaced.”

The bad news is today is Sunday and he still has it. Rats, I have had to spend a weekend without the beast. Oh, whoa is me. How can anyone survive without a sweet beast for the weekend? Withdrawal is not a pretty thing.

For all those who have garage queens, you may not understand this post. You use time while I use mileage. That is so sad.

Hopefully, he will allow me to have it sometime this week. Darn, I have the greatest mechanic in the country and he is my friend.

8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Bart,
5 days to do an oil change? I changed the oil in my Ferrari last week and it took me less than an hour.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Bart,
5 days to do an oil change? I changed the oil in my Ferrari last week and it took me less than an hour.
I don´t have your mechanical skills (yet!) Pete, but I can also change the oil in 15 - 20 minutes...

5 days is too much!!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
stile - alpine said:
but I can also change the oil in 15 - 20 minutes...
It takes me at least an hour on the Ferrari because the thing is so low. I can't even get my head under there much less a wrench and drain pan that will hold over 2 gallons. So I put the car up on 4 jack stands so it is high up off the ground and still level so all the oil will drain out. Getting my really low Ferrari up on 4 jackstands is an art unto itself (when you jack the rear up high enough to get the jackstand in, the front spoiler is touching the ground). I wish I had a car lift!

I like changing the oil on my Jeep. It sits high enough that I can crawl under there with a 5-gallon bucket and pull the plug. No jacks involved. That's a 10 minute oil change!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
hum... I see, it is a problem to change the oil of the Ferrari... wish I had that problem!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He does more than just change the oil. I do have a few minor problems which he will fixed. I quit changing my oil when the garbage man stop taking it.

For the third time, my air dam needs to be repaired.

8)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
whats happening with your air dam ?

Your pretty lucky, your mechanic seems to be worth his weight in gold !

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Bueller ? Bueller ? lol !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts