Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit odd but as the title states, my glovebox pull cord has disappeared. I was using it probably 50% of the time since I usually find myself working in the garage and needing to reference the owners manual. Rather than go get the key and turn the car on simply to open the glovebox I found it quite handy to use the little red pull cord on the bottom right hand side of the glovebox. Well completely randomly that cord disappeared a week or so ago and despite my best probing and feeling around from where I thought it originated I can't seem to locate it again.

I'd probably rather not remove the glovebox (unless it's quite simple) just to find the cord, but by the same token I would very much like to be able to use it again.

Has anyone heard of such a thing or could perhaps suggest an idea?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to FerrariLife :) I had the privilege already to talk to you by PM :) Please do not hesitate to introduce yourself in the New Members area so that others can get to know you.

Regarding your glove compartment issue, here are already 2 pictures on how the system works. I will post you also the details how to remove this glovebox to get to the cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Removal

The glove compartment assembly with door can be removed and refitted without disassembling its components.

• Undo the 3 (1) lower fastening screws.

• Undo the 3 (2) upper fastening screws.
• Undo the 2 (3) central fastening screws.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
  • Slide out the lamp and detach the dashboard cable connector.
  • Slide out, but not completely, the glove compartment assembly with door from the dashboard and detach the connector of the opening actuator (4).
  • Slide out the cable (A) for the glove compartment emergency opening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The various emergency pull cords Ferrari supplies as a backup in the event of a failure of the primay system are for use in an EMERGENCY.

They were not designed, built, or intended for constant use and will fail if used that way.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
At this stage, you should see where the cord got lost and put it back as shown on the picture.

Reassembly

• Insert the cable (A) for the glove compartment emergency opening through the aperture found on the dashboard, and pull it from the air vent seat.
  • Connect the dashboard cable connector onto the opening actuator (4).
  • Position the glove compartment assembly with door on the dashboard, and move the lamp connector so that it comes out from the glove compartment seat.
  • Connect the lamp and insert it into the glove compartment housing..
  • Fit the 2 central screws (3) without tightening them.

• Close the door and check that the side gaps are the same on both sides of the door. If this is not the case, fit a shim (B) on the narrower side in order to centre the door on the dashboard.

• Fit the 3 upper screws (2), locking the screw on the shim side first (B).
  • Proceed with tightening the other screws (2), then close the door and check that it is centred with respect to the dashboard.
  • Fit and lock the 3 lower screws (1) and check again that it is centred.
  • Finally tighten the 2 central screws (3).
Let us know how it goes and if you were able to get back that little tricky cord ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts