Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hanging out at my buddy's house where I have been keeping the 308 until my marital issues get sorted out. Anyway, I re-registered the 308 the other day and yesterday I took it out to get the annual inspection completed. I was a little bit worried about the tires, the right rear tire is marginal, technically it passes but it is real close. Actually, the car really needs a new set of tires but I'm not prepared to buy anything until after the divorce, the lawyers need to get their money first. Every hour of their time is one tire. I've already bought my lawyer 4 sets of high performance tires. I don't know yet how many tires I need to buy my wife's lawyer.

Anyway, I make an appointment with my shop and I show up and go inside with the registration and the mileage. The shop owner looks up at me and looks outside at the car. He says, "Is it in the same shape as it was in last year?" I said, "Yeah, I put less than 1,000 miles on it." That was the inspection. He wrote out the sticker and we went out and put it on the windshield. Done deal. Back on the road!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very nice. Good luck with the tires. How much are a set of four for the 308?

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Anyway, I make an appointment with my shop and I show up and go inside with the registration and the mileage. The shop owner looks up at me and looks outside at the car. He says, "Is it in the same shape as it was in last year?" I said, "Yeah, I put less than 1,000 miles on it." That was the inspection. He wrote out the sticker and we went out and put it on the windshield. Done deal. Back on the road!
The beauty and benefits of a great small town.:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The beauty and benefits of a great small town.:D
It's all about small communities. The Ferrari community, and the FL community in a similar but digital way, are very similar. Just by speaking the same "language", you get this trust that is hard to explain but tangible for both parties. As an example, I am a member of an acoustic guitar forum. I sent a message to a professional guitarist with his guitar for sale, saying "I love your guitar - too bad I'll only be in the States 3 months from now". He said "I'll put it on hold for you". Just like that! A rare instrument that was worth thousands of dollars and he could have sold to anyone, he put on hold for a stranger from West Africa. He had never met me, but he knew me from the forum. I think that's why the forums are so popular - you get a bit of familiarity and old school community when it's so hard to find in real life these days.

Pete - you are a lucky man indeed to live in a place where that still exists!

Great to hear the beauty is back on the roads. Enjoy her during this crazy summer that you're going through!

Peace,

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete - you are a lucky man indeed to live in a place where that still exists!
Yeah, it is a great little town. We have like the last "real" main street left in America. I can park my car in the town parking lot, walk over to the bank and see Nancy and get a little money, walk over to see Sherida to pay my oil bill, walk over and see Steve and rent a couple of videos, walk over and have Pam cut my hair, walk to the diner and have Mike and Sandy serve me a nice home cooked meal then go see Jim at the corner store and buy a 6 pack of Bud and then hop back in the truck and drive home. Yeah, I know pretty much everybody in town and it drives my wife nuts because we'll be driving along and some girl in another truck will wave and I'll wave back and she'll be like, "Who's that!?!" and I'll be like, "That's Karen, she's the manager of the auto parts store." Of course now I have to go to court on Friday because my wife is trying to prove that I am an abusive husband so that she can get everything. No one in town talks to her but everytime they see me they ask me how I'm holding up. We'll see how it goes on Friday through the court. I sure hope I'm not abusive but the law favors the woman and I did yell at her.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I think that's why the forums are so popular - you get a bit of familiarity and old school community when it's so hard to find in real life these days.
Onno, I agree with you. And forums are great because you get that but you can remain anonymous.

You can find it here in FL all the time: because of that I got to see Boxer's amazing F-twins and go for a ride, and also so many people that come to the site and get together in real life, and it is just great!

Pete, I hope everything goes well for you on Friday, we'll be sending you go thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it goes, and be strong!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thats great news on the 308 Pete! Are the original tyres metric?

We all YELL every now and again - fact of life dude! :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
You're not an 18 year old chick from Venezula are you? or 45 year old guy from Armenia? or a 10 year old from Germany who is fluent in 4 languages? Is this the REAL stile - alpine?

Strangely enough, I thought the same thing. I think that he's a 12 year old high school girl from Nebraska who's using the forum to groom a 45 year old Ferrari owning sugar daddy;)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yeah, it is a great little town. We have like the last "real" main street left in America. I can park my car in the town parking lot, walk over to the bank and see Nancy and get a little money, walk over to see Sherida to pay my oil bill, walk over and see Steve and rent a couple of videos, walk over and have Pam cut my hair, walk to the diner and have Mike and Sandy serve me a nice home cooked meal then go see Jim at the corner store and buy a 6 pack of Bud and then hop back in the truck and drive home. Yeah, I know pretty much everybody in town and it drives my wife nuts because we'll be driving along and some girl in another truck will wave and I'll wave back and she'll be like, "Who's that!?!" and I'll be like, "That's Karen, she's the manager of the auto parts store." Of course now I have to go to court on Friday because my wife is trying to prove that I am an abusive husband so that she can get everything. No one in town talks to her but everytime they see me they ask me how I'm holding up. We'll see how it goes on Friday through the court. I sure hope I'm not abusive but the law favors the woman and I did yell at her.
Pete, are you on first name terms with the Judge? Hopefully you'll get one of your buddies on the bench and she'll get what she deserves - F*** all

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You're not an 18 year old chick from Venezula are you? or 45 year old guy from Armenia? or a 10 year old from Germany who is fluent in 4 languages? Is this the REAL stile - alpine?

archiegibbs said:
Strangely enough, I thought the same thing. I think that he's a 12 year old high school girl from Nebraska who's using the forum to groom a 45 year old Ferrari owning sugar daddy
sorry guys, it's just plain regular me, as usual

male, 23 y/o, from Brazil, fluent in 4 languages if you consider German as a language hehehehe

Boxer is my witness as he's the only one that has seen me in the real world

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strangely enough, I thought the same thing. I think that he's a 12 year old high school girl from Nebraska who's using the forum to groom a 45 year old Ferrari owning sugar daddy;)
Don't forget, on the Barbie forum I am a 14 year old girl named Tiffany. :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Pete ur ahh...Tiffany...and anyone else in New England July 25th...See the Northeast section.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Now I have to go to court on Friday because my wife is trying to prove that I am an abusive husband so that she can get everything. No one in town talks to her but everytime they see me they ask me how I'm holding up. We'll see how it goes on Friday through the court. I sure hope I'm not abusive but the law favors the woman and I did yell at her.

Pete, sorry to hear about all that stuff between you and your wife. Read all your posts and I find the things she did very disturbing like waiting until you were gone to have the papers done etc…

Women very rarely want a divorce on a whim because they know they wont get anything because they are acting on emotion and haven’t planned…they get together with their girlfriends and plan everything so it can be perfect for them. This was planned before any discussion of a new house was brought up. She wanted it built before she made her move. She knew she was going to do this. And how convenient that you where sent out of your own new house as soon as the garage was completed. No woman wants an uncompleted new house. It will be easier to sell in a year or two when all is done.

I dont know you personally besides here but I would swear you are not an abusive person just by how you post and im not just saying this to be a nice guy…it’s psychology and especially on the net where people are anonymous people open themselves up to who they really are because there is no fear of judgment because they are, again anonymous. As far as yelling….who doesn’t…and those who say they don’t, well they are liars too. Im sure she did more yelling than you and if not….it just means she planned it even more because she is now over the emotional part of it and now she is only being fueled by greed. By the way, most of this stuff im saying, my wife agreed with me at a 100%, she said, “this is how most women do things” She is totally on your side. She hears all this crap from her woman clientele because as you know she is an esthetician so she hears all the crap women think of and do.

Anyways, send me an email or a PM if you want, I would really like to hear from you and maybe I can give you a call and you can vent…..

Oh, one last thing…im sure her lawyer is reading all your posts here. If he’s any good because I would if I was a lawyer.

Mario

~

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Good luck today Pete...

Chris

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Uhhmmm, Pete,...seems like a nice, cozy town you live in. My humble question is, your (ex)wife is an outsider, I presume ? If so, maybe one of the big reason for her to take advantage of you and part is that she cannot stand living there in that community ? Maybe your lawyer can make an issue of that aspect in court ? Also, maybe your neighbors and friends can stand up for you in court to vouch for your character ? We're all rooting for you. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, we had the court date and we came to an agreement like 10 minutes before the hearing. The outcome is that I cannot go within 500 yards of the road my house is on until Dec. 31st or the divorce is finalized. I pay the mortgage only. She pays the utilities, the oil and her own lawyer fees for this action (the divorce is a different story). I am allowed one single entry into the house, before July 27th, for up to 3 hours with the police present to collect my personal belongings.

I can't believe she agreed to this because this is so much worse for her than what I had originally offered her. I am out of the country every other month. I had offered her split occupancy, I live there when I am home, she can live there when I am not. I was going to pay ALL the bills, I was going to give her $10k up front and $1k per month to get her set up in her own rental house or apartment and pay her lawyer's fees. She could have moved into her new place over a period of months and done it at her convenience at my cost. Now she has to be out by Jan 1 at her cost. Her main focus was getting occupancy of the house and she got it for 5 months but I don't think she realizes that she just lost out on over $17k. Since I would only be there for 2 1/2 of those months it is costing her $6,800 per month for those 2 1/2 months of exclusive occupancy.

I think what it was is that the hearing could have gone either way. The definition of abuse is so broad and vague that even raising your voice 3 years ago could show a pattern of abusive behaviour. So it could have gone against me. Or the judge could see her for what she is and said, "This is stupid, case dismissed." So it could have gone against her. Neither of us wanted to lose and I think when she saw me there in court with all my family and friends to testify on my behalf she realized that she could lose and took what she could get. What I've got from the court is an agreed order of protection with no findings of abuse. I definately did not want to roll the dice and take a chance on getting a protection order with findings of abuse. That would have sucked.

My lawyer had not met my wife prior to the court date, she had just been going on what me, my family and my friends had been telling her. Within 5 minutes of meeting my wife my lawyer said, "Wow, she really is a whacko." My wife was playing the drama queen and was all concerned about me being in the house for 3 hours. She said, "I'm scared that while he's there he might unlock the windows." My lawyer said, "Well, when you get home if the windows are unlocked you can lock them."

In the end though, nobody wins in a case like this. I just can't believe that the woman I've been with for 6 years would go to such extreme measures after we had a fight. 2 weeks before she filed for an order of protection she was on a free vacation with me in Singapore. 2 months before that she was on vacation in Florida for 2 weeks and last fall I took her to San Francisco for a vacation. God, my history of abusive behaviour knows no bounds. I hope she finds someone that treats her better than I did.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Thanx for the detailed follow up, Pete. I am glad to know that the tide has shifted a bit in your favor. You are definitely right when you said you have been abusing her,...abusing by excessive pampering ! She doesn't know what she had and what she would be missing. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow Pete. I'm glad things went better than expected. So rent a huge crane, get a rope and take the house during the three hours.;) Do you know everything you are going to be getting out of your house yet? I know you said the 308 is at your friends, but do you get to keep that and the truck? Well good luck, and I hope things continue to go towards the better during this terrible time.

Chris

1 - 20 of 43 Posts