Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to buy Gates Hoses online? I checked their website's store locator, but there's no stores in my area.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Go back to their website and through the "contact us" function you can send the west coast regional sales office an inquiry.

I thought it was hard getting parts here in Maine, I would imagine it is harder out in Hawaii.

·
Registered
575 Posts
As far as I'm aware, NAPA carries Gates hoses... But, if you have a hard time getting hoses for your car, you may use off-the-shelf hose (avaliable at a local auto-parts store) for all applications. Match up the common inch-size hose with the Ferrari's metric hose (eg: The coolant hose of 40mm dia can be replaced with 1 1/2" radiator hose - its a tighter fit. The 12 and 15mm heater hoses can be replaced with 1/2 and 5/8" hoses respectively. Etc...). Silicone hose is better, but is more expensive and special type hose clamps must be used.

Be wary of the brake booster hose on mid-engined cars. It is recommended you use a hose reinforced with wire-braiding (and not the cheap hot-rodder Russel crap which is purely decorative. The wire-braiding must be contained WITHIN the rubber hose layers itself - this keeps the 12+ feet worth of hose from collapsing from the vacuum. You'll find this mostly with hydraulic hoses).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts