Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This coming weekend the A1GP is coming to Johannesburg. We are so racing starved and I am really looking forward to it.

I friend of mine yesterday said that he has heard that there will be a FXX doing demonstration laps on the race day.

Has anyone been to any of the recent A1 races and seen the FXX?

I hope it's true!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You got to be kidding Mike, an FXX and I wont be able to see it :wall: You have to take pics if the rumour is true :thumbsup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will for sure if it is there.

I also have heard that Felipe Massa is in Joburg on the weekend. There is supposedly some Shell function at Gerotec.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!!!

We went to the A1 race yesterday. What a day!!! We had decent seats but because one of my affiliate companies did all the signange at the circuit, we had service passes. These passes got us into a few places but we managed to wangle our way into pretty much every place on the circuit including the pits, the FXX pit (!!!), the press conference and the roof above the pits.

I even managed to get a part of the Brazilian car that crashed in qualifying on Saturday - and had it signed by their driver (Felipe Guimares), Emerson Fittipaldi and our driver (Adrian Zaugg). It is an awesome piece and still has grass and dirt on it from the accident.

The FXX is simply spectacular and makes the most unbelievable sound. To see four of them is truly special.

I have attached pics. Included are pics of me with Adrian Zaugg and Marco Andretti. The pic of the Brazilian car on the truck is from the A1 website.

Felipe Massa was at the circuit on Saturday - I just missed him - saw him leave in a Maserati Quattroporte

I will post the rest of the pics shortly

What a perfect day...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very cool, and amazing FXX:thumbsup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really was a great day.

The piece is pretty cool - using the F2004 model I have, I pretty much work out where on the car it is from. The piece is unbelievably strong as well.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This news brief is listed on the Ferrari World website.....

Maranello (Modena) 23rd February 2009 – This past weekend, the South African circuit at Kyalami hosted the fifth round of the A1GP championship and also saw four cars entered in the prestigious FXX Programme take to the track.

Canadian owner Lorne Leibel along with fellow American owner-test drivers Philip and Phil III Bachman, taking turns at the wheel of car 22, Germany’s Eberhard Jung and Aaron Kwok from Hong Kong, took part in five timed sessions, further contributing to the development of this technical collaboration programme, set up in 2006.

Special guest on Saturday was Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver, Felipe Massa, who visited the FXX garage, prior to getting behind the wheel of a Ferrari 599 Safety Car, for some hot laps.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The interesting thing is how slow the drivers were reported to have been. My friend said that on Saturday one of the cars was doing 1:57. Those cars should do in the low 1:40s in my estimation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts