Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are going to be any new release Ferrari this year or in 2008?
How about a successor for the Enzo or FXX?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess super-ferraris are released every 5 years or so huh?

I suppose, if ferrari is working on an (F70?.. but wouldn't that require it being 2007?) they wouldn't want to mention it until the next big show...

Wikipedia mentions the Enzo as a predecessor to the FXX.. is this true? o_O

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Don't know what it will be, but you can bet your bottom dollar they will find a way of improving the Enzo as technology will contine to march forwards. Ferrari always will be ahead of it's time and will continue to make innovative advancements in F1 which transfer to it's road cars.
Although it's a long way off, I'm sure they'll do something to celebrate 75 yrs.
My dream, The F75 with retractable jets for vertical and horizontal thrust (a la Hawker Harrier Jump Jet) to avoid traffic congestion, it will run on nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen and only emit water vapor to keep the Green lobby happy. BHP will be measured in Lb's of thrust and it's top speed will be just below Mach1 to keep the noise police happy.:D

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Any speculation? V12? How do you beat the Enzo? Go backwards in time and recreate a non-computer driven car?
I'm really sorry to say this (I hope you can prove me wrong), but that's not going to happen.

Supercars just will never go back to carburetors... =(

·
Registered
509 Posts
iPod compatability is a must. Id imagine by the time a new supercar is due they will call it an F-X-X (not to be confused with the FXX) but it will really just be an F2007 in Pinninfarina clothing. ;) woo hoo!

btw: if the title FXX isn't an obvious indication of where their development team is headed then I don't know what is.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
That's not a silly thought, there's a strong rumour that the next seasons GT3 Le mans racers will be diesel. Ferrari are supposedly working with an Alfa 2.4 JTD diesel engine and tuning it to 400BHP (nicknamed the 250 DTO). Although the Porsche has 480 BHP, with greater fuel efficiency the assumption is that Ferrari will make up for lack of power with fewer fuel stops.
There's a link to this story on the FOC GB website (from march 07, I think)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well my guess is the basic criteria will include:

higher top speed than the Enzo
faster around the Fiorano track than the Enzo
higher bhp than the Enzo and 599
carbon fiber chassis
F1 gearbox
electro magnetic adjustable suspension
ligher than the Enzo
iPod compatable;)
MY first post so Hello to everyone !

Just speculation but I would suppose that the next gen super Ferrari will be faster then a Veyron, more styling then Zonda with all the prestige of a Ferrari. Each time the super Ferrari has launched it has been the top of the class of Super Cars. The brains in Maranello will bring us all something supremely beastly !!

·
Registered
79 Posts
When was the last time Ferrari has made the world's fastest car? Last I remembered, it was the F40. I don't think Ferrari is even setting their sights on the Veyron. Ferrari is more interested in track times than ultimate numbers.

That's just my take on it, though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's not a silly thought, there's a strong rumour that the next seasons GT3 Le mans racers will be diesel. Ferrari are supposedly working with an Alfa 2.4 JTD diesel engine and tuning it to 400BHP (nicknamed the 250 DTO). Although the Porsche has 480 BHP, with greater fuel efficiency the assumption is that Ferrari will make up for lack of power with fewer fuel stops.
There's a link to this story on the FOC GB website (from march 07, I think)
Honestly, I really want to hear the Ferrari noise of a diesel engine. Would be quite interesting!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I tried to find the link on the FOC GB website, and couldn't find it. I then had a horrible thought that I might of read it at the start of April, possibly April 1st, so it could have been an April fools:eek:

However, Audi have conquered Le mans with their R10 TDi, so why not Ferrari?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
When was the last time Ferrari has made the world's fastest car? Last I remembered, it was the F40. I don't think Ferrari is even setting their sights on the Veyron. Ferrari is more interested in track times than ultimate numbers.

That's just my take on it, though.
I agree, don't think that the Veyron is actually competition for any Ferrari, they are different cars with different purposes.

Anyway, you never know when someone in Ferrari will decide to claim the title of fastest car in production again, so maybe we're wrong...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree, don't think that the Veyron is actually competition for any Ferrari, they are different cars with different purposes.

Anyway, you never know when someone in Ferrari will decide to claim the title of fastest car in production again, so maybe we're wrong...
I dont remember how long ago it camee up, so you might want to do a search, but someonee posted a link with Ferrari making explicit statements about NOT going after the worlds fastest car title. It does seem a lttle frivolous for a company like Ferrari. We can leave it to other companies I think.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
now that you mentioned it, I think I remember that discussion

I agree that Ferrari shouldn't go for the top speed alone, but should build the best car all around

I think that small car manufactures that need to prove their product is serious are the ones that need to go for the speed record

Ferrari doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, it already is the bench mark

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I dont remember how long ago it camee up, so you might want to do a search, but someonee posted a link with Ferrari making explicit statements about NOT going after the worlds fastest car title. It does seem a lttle frivolous for a company like Ferrari. We can leave it to other companies I think.
It is but this has never stopped them in the past. The 365 GTB/4 Daytona was specifically designed to be faster than the Muira, the Boxer faster than the Countach, and the F40 faster than the 959. All of these mandates came directly from Enzo so it is in the company's DNA. Lets see when it resurfaces.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts