Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrari Forum Folks,

Let's say you are considering becoming a first time Ferrari owner, have a budget in the range of $50,000-60,000, and are looking at most models in the years 1992 (keeps the Mondial T in play) to 1999. Another goal would be to locate a vehicle with up-to-date service records and less than 20,000 miles. What would YOU do?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not much after 1992 falls into this price range, maybe the Mondial and the 348. I'd probably go for a nice 348. But you can also find a nice Testarossa in that range...they would be older though, probably 1990 and prior. But it's a great 12 cylinder car....lots of car for the money.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I would go for a 348 TB

or wait a while longer, get more money and jump to a F355 Berlinetta

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
a Mondial convertible with the Valeo option would be my choice: same engine as a 348 but more versatile and possible more reliable.
8)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Two suggestions but both a little outside of your parameters:

Higher mileage F355. Great first Ferrari. As long as it is properly maintained, the F355 is pretty bullet proof.

Late 328

I would stay away from the 12 cylinder cars at this point (and I am a 12 cylinder fan). They are much better 2nd Ferraris than 1st.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boxer said:
Two suggestions but both a little outside of your parameters:

Higher mileage F355. Great first Ferrari. As long as it is properly maintained, the F355 is pretty bullet proof.

Late 328

I would stay away from the 12 cylinder cars at this point (and I am a 12 cylinder fan). They are much better 2nd Ferraris than 1st.
I cant speak for reliability, but as far as performance figures and attractiveness, I say 355. Save your dollars and grab a 355 that you can take care of. They strike me as great cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts