Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this Forum
Bought a 550 Maranello that has been stored for 2 years. Drained the old fuel, but need to get at the pumps. There is a panel on the front wall of trunk. Will removing this panel give me access to the pumps? I pulled all the 10mm bolts but the panel still seems to be attached some how.
Would be very grateful for any help and tips here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'll bump this up for you, we have a couple 550 owners here but I don't know if they do any maintenence themselves. Maybe contact your local dealer?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can't help you there. I have my car serviced at the dealer. I may inquire and let you know later.
Good luck, awesome red shark!
:cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
550 fuel delivery drawing. It is very unlikely that the pumps (2 and 3) can be accessed from inside the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I believe the fuel pumps are w/in the fuel tank!

I understand that their mounts can degarde with time and that material ends up in the lines and I believe the mechanical pump up front? Not sure about that though.

If that car has been long stored you'll have a bit of fuel cleaning to do for sure and probably line replacement.

Try here for the on-line workshop manual: http://www.ricambiamerica.com/wsm/550WSM/550WSMindex.htm

Hope an owner/self-mechanic can chime in here.

Why not finish filling in your profile so we know where you are and maybe we can direct you to a source for help.

Welcome to F.L.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts