Ferrari Life Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest edition of forza has a very good article comparing the Challenge Stradale to the 430 Scuderia. Reading it brought back memories of chasing a Scud through France last fall. If I did not have the F40 & F50, I would be looking for one very seriously right now.:steeringwheel:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Latest edition of forza has a very good article comparing the Challenge Stradale to the 430 Scuderia. Reading it brought back memories of chasing a Scud through France last fall. If I did not have the F40 & F50, I would be looking for one very seriously right now.:steeringwheel:
Are the Scuderias holding prices right now, or are they being affected too?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think the CS's are holding their values better since there were so few of them.
Hi guys, do you know if the Scuderia is going to be a limited production model ie: have Ferrari set a target number of units for the Scud and can one still order a brand new one today? If the Scud is not limited, will production stop once the standard F430 is replaced by it's new model?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, do you know if the Scuderia is going to be a limited production model ie: have Ferrari set a target number of units for the Scud and can one still order a brand new one today? If the Scud is not limited, will production stop once the standard F430 is replaced by it's new model?
As far as I know Ferrari, has not set a limit on the number of Scuds Berlinettas.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Thank you chaz for copying the article, thank you boxer for initially mentioning it. The autor impressions fits my personal impression. The Stradale is lighter but weaker. Its interesting how fast oneself gets used to ever increasing horsepower.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Regarding prices for used Stradale's and Scuderia's:

Since almost 2 years Stradales stay around 75 - 80% of their prices when new (i.e. around Euro 120').

Scuderias are offered around their when new prices, which here in Switzerland was around 200' Euros (without options).

Personally, I would expect Scuderia prices to fall to 70% of their when new prices within the next 2-3 years. (Without including worst case economical scenarios)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I get the feeling that Ferrari may extend the 430 production a bit longer than they do for a model to soften the losses coming from the slow economy.

That California is not going to excite their balance sheet.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you chaz for copying the article, thank you boxer for initially mentioning it. The autor impressions fits my personal impression. The Stradale is lighter but weaker. Its interesting how fast oneself gets used to ever increasing horsepower.
When I was reading the article, I kept thinking of the hammer-man.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---Its interesting how fast oneself gets used to ever increasing horsepower.

This is why you should enjoy what you have for what it is. If you keep after the conquest you'll never be satisfied!

Also we have to be very careful with copyright infringement, guys! Forza may not like this. Just a thought.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I get the feeling that Ferrari may extend the 430 production a bit longer than they do for a model to soften the losses coming from the slow economy.

That California is not going to excite their balance sheet.
They'll produce whatever sells. The days of artifically managing demand are over.
The success of the Cali will depend on how many new customers it brings to the marque. Their original intent was for it to be a "conquest" model and may turn out to be an even better bet than they originally thought.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The statement about bring new person to the marque is the reality.

I doubt it will bring as many as they had hoped.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They'll produce whatever sells. The days of artifically managing demand are over.
The success of the Cali will depend on how many new customers it brings to the marque. Their original intent was for it to be a "conquest" model and may turn out to be an even better bet than they originally thought.
Guess this one will take a few years to sort out if it is a success or not. Ferrari is already having issues in quite a few markets with people cancelling California orders. As many of these people are new to "Ferrari" there attachment to it is less and walking is easier. At the time the California does not appeal to most of the "old guard" so they are not lining up to buy.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---At the time the California does not appeal to most of the "old guard" so they are not lining up to buy.
Boy is this ever a true statement!

At $225K per pop the SL and Lexus crowd are far away from purchasing them.

And for a few who thought they could afford one they'll never get the credit now!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I loved that article .......... the CS is something I will be saving for a while to get as I will probably not sell my F355 .......... the only error that jumped out at me was in the 'specifications' ......... it said the CS had 4 valves per cylinder :confused: .......... as far as I know the heads are the same as the 360 and 355 which are both 5 valves per cylinder :)!

Other than that, the CS still has my vote ;)!!!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
No it does not.

A few broken valve springs and the rest is a mess.

Not mine. My engine would not look like that!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.