Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will the talk about Formula One start? I am going to the first one in less than two months. Many out there are very interested in these races. Please begin to write about why my car’s company will win the race I will see.

I want to be the Ugly American; oops, wrong, the Ugly Ferrari Guy in Aussie Land. Boy, when I am there in the pits meeting the drivers, I want to be able to ask good questions and understand what there are saying.

Help me you Ferrari nuts. Ferrari is nuts about racing. FERRARI is RACING.

I may be a late bloomer but I get it now.

FERRARI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

:eek: 8)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Are you certain that you can get in the pits
cuz F1 are nuts about security
and don't count on talking to any of the drivers, if you are lucky you can see them walk by and get an autograph

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know about the tickets is from my brother-in-law. He tells me he has attended the last three races and he is not into it. He, like me, is cheap. THe tickets come from his company which is the largest telephone company down under. He is a very big cheese there. The tickets, according to him, are 4 days passes to everything. Free food, and, get this, free drinks. I am not talking about 7-up or coke.
Two days, I think THrusday & Friday, I will be allowed into the pit area before or after the races (qualifying maybe).

Look, he is my brother-in-law who introduced me to his sister many years ago. I have no idea what will happen. Maybe this is BS.
I just want to know what I should look for and do. I want to have FUN!

38 days until I take off.

:roll: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
ooo i'm sure you will have fun
i'm just saying, don't count on talking to the drivers, getting an autograph is possible with you tickets
and don't forget to take LOT's of pits pics :green:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have asked my son to borrow the digital camera I gave him for X-mas. I want to take it to Melbourne. That way I can take many photoes each day. At night I can e-mail them to my home.

That will give me many pictures without having to buy memory sticks and they will already be on my machine at home. Then after I figure out how to post them here, I will.

33 days before I leave. This is beginning to get exciting.

8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take lots of pictures! I can't wait for this season to get started. This is going to be the longest week ever.

Forza Ferrari!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I agree with Zff, and be sure to tell all the F owners at the club of Austraila about a wonderful website that you like to visit. :roll:

Zff,
I love the avatar, very smooth looking good job.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
less then a week to go
i think Bart is already unther way to australia?
Can't wait for the start of the race
so who do you think will win??
Schumi or Rubens?

i really wonder how it will work with those new rules this year

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've been to Montreal twice (98, 99) and Melbourne twice as well (00 and 01). The Aussie's not only know how to put on a great show but they are just darn nice people. If there wasn't some form of motorized vehicle on the track at any given time, then there was either an aerial display from the country's air force demonstration team or at least one or two F/A-18's "buzzing around." The whole experience was so great the first year, my wife and I flew back the next year (2001). I just bought tickets for the USGP so I'm looking forward to seeing the big boys on home turf. Having been to the Canada and Australia GP's, it'll be interesting to see how the American's come along this September.

Just bought another flag to hang out in front of the house for this weekend's events. Should be like vinegar in water here in NASCAR country... :-?

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
aaarggh
i'm still in shock that Spa Francorchamps is taken of the calender :eek:
i don't feel like going to the Nurnburgring for the F1, i don't believe it can be the same.
and besides the nurnburgring isn't as beautifull as Spa

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dirk,

I concur. It's a shame the race with the greatest track in the world was eliminated!! Take Catalunya but don't take Spa! Still, I think the "N" Ring would be a good race. I like the track and even think there are some opportunities for a pass or two.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i don't know, i'm already going for the ferrari days and the classic races to the nurnburgring

if i wanna goto F1 then, besides Spa, i would love to see it in Monaco or on the A1-Ring in Austria

1 - 13 of 13 Posts