Ferrari Life Forum banner

Formula 1 in Montreal Canada (June)

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Magnum6464 
#1 ·
I'm heading up to F1 in Canada in June. Not sure if I am taking the Ferrari or not. I worry about where to park it, vandalism etc. Anyway, is anyone besides me going? If you are, let me know and lets see if we can meet.

Thanks,
Marc

#2 ·
Hi Marc,

I don’t recommend you leave your Ferrari parked and away from your sight in Montreal...capital of Canada for stolen cars….its really bad….people who live there will tell you. Especially during F1, I live 2 hours from there and been there about 2 dozen times. With all the people there it will be even easier for the picking…a few hundred thousand people attend the race on the Island.

If you do decide to go, contact the local Ferrari dealership and ask them where is a safe place to park your Ferrari, they will give you Hotel names where she will be safe parked, then cab or bus down to the race. They have special bus routes just for the F1 weekend non stop or else the city would come to a dead halt with traffic. Also the Metro/Subway is also another option. I don’t recommend you park on the Island, it will take hours to leave, your Ferrari will be unattended for everyone to do as they please. Vandalism is bad as well.

Unfortunately I do not own a Ferrari yet, if I did, I would meet you and give you a tour of Montreal…it’s a cool city with a great night life !!!!!

~

#3 ·
Hi Magnum,
Thanks for the reply. My plan was to just park it somewhere safe inside of thehotel parking garage. Unfortunately, all garages under the hotel's have a steep down ramp and I am cautous about scraping the spoiler and ac condenser that hangs even lower than the spoiner on a 328. Also, I question how many people wouls still be able to get their hands on it even if it were in the Hotel Garage. Do you know the name of the local dealer up there?

Hey, lets meet up anyway whether or not I bring it. I'm leaning towards not right now but my buddy is giving me a hard time to bring it.

We arrive on Thursday before the race weekend and then leave Monday Morning so there should be plenty of time to get together for a tour of the city.

We do the race up there every year. This will be my 5th time.

Thanks,
Marc

#4 ·
Ferrari and Maserati Quebec
(514) 908-7770
5155 RUE DE SOREL
MONTRÉAL, QC H4P 1G7

Marc, thanks for the invite, I sooo want to go this year but I have 5 a week old newborn (my first), my wife is going back to work in a week because she works on commission only and we need the money (she barely gets any money from the gov less than a ¼ of her income) so every penny counts right now….

And another thing I cant go alone, my wife loves Ferrari's and Formula 1, she would never forgive me...hahaha!!!!!

~

#6 ·
Im torn between 3 models, I love the 91 348 and the 91 Mondial (coupe only for all models) im not a spider/targa man. I don’t even like sunroofs…

They both have the same engine but the Mondial is a 2+2 (since I have a daughter now) it would be a good choice and the prices are rock bottom here in Canada for Mondial’s, same year as the 348 and $20 - $25k cheaper.

My third choice, my wife says I should consider because being just $10-15k more than the 348 is a Testarossa. Besides being a 80’s legacy Ferrari models, V12 and all that good stuff, I have been told by many to kind of stay away because they are money pits, finicky, not the best on reliability, basically not worth it for a first Ferrari unless you want to spend more on repairs than the car is worth every few years (3-5).

~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.