Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures from yesterday's wet FOC UK Concours. The conditions were much more suited to a Land Rover Concours.

My F50 was part of the Club display. It was the one fitted with emergency black soft top.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Brown Lusso is ex Steve McQueen. Sold at auction in the US last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great pictures Boxer, the weather looked about as good as it was at Silverstone yesterday. I would have gone, but lacking a Ferrari and a free ticket for the F1 made my mind up for me. I was there in thought and did think about it several times during the day.

Looks like there was a good turnout for the club display. They really should have parked the 288 GTO next to the Enzo, F50 and F40.

After many hours of polishing their pride and joy, I imagine the concours entrants weren't too happy with the great British summer.

Did the weather and the F1 clash deter many people?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pictures Boxer, the weather looked about as good as it was at Silverstone yesterday. I would have gone, but lacking a Ferrari and a free ticket for the F1 made my mind up for me. I was there in thought and did think about it several times during the day.

Looks like there was a good turnout for the club display. They really should have parked the 288 GTO next to the Enzo, F50 and F40.

After many hours of polishing their pride and joy, I imagine the concours entrants weren't too happy with the great British summer.

Did the weather and the F1 clash deter many people?
Why they did not book end the Enzo/F50/F40 display with the pair of 288 GTOs is a bit of a mystery. Plenty of room for it (especially as the 2nd Enzo was a no show).

Yes, the concours participants were not a joyous bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
My contribution. For some reason I didn't take as many pictures as last time. Also I think the cars were not parked as nicely, they were all too close together and parking some of the nice cars against the backdrop of the stalls was a bad move, completely spoilt the frame. Altogether very claustrophobic!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great pics T1f, I see what you mean about the parking:confused: The club display a couple of years ago was much better organised, but there were fewer cars on display then.

The rear end of the GTO looks wonderful, I can't think of anything else that looks more pumped up and agressive than that:D

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thanks Archie, I have some video as well, but I need to edit it. The GTO is gorgeous, as was the Steve McQueen Lusso, that was beautiful.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
simply great pictures, you guys could really be professional photographers!

I can't tell you how joyful I am to have in first hand news from Silverstone (thanks to Archie) and from the FOC concours (thanks to you) on the next day already, and such great pictures

Ferrari Life rocks!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Trapped nerve in my back has laid me up for the last week so the long drive was a no-no which is annoying as there were some jems on display that I haven't seen before.
Shame the weather was bad.
Roll on next year.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Some more pictures, but they are video captures. Would appreciate some help in identifying the models (for Video captioning) as I am a bit useless on some :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Nice pics T1f.

Marlin will be able to tell you the model, serial no, owners name, last time it was serviced and what the owner had for breakfast:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some more pictures, but they are video captures. Would appreciate some help in identifying the models (for Video captioning) as I am a bit useless on some :eek:

Assuming I am seeing the pics in the same order as you are, here they are. I've included the colours to cross-reference just in case. I do know the chassis numbers, but haven't posted them as you didn't ask for them.

Pic1: 250 GTE (blue)
Pic2: 308 GTB QV (red)
Pic3: 250 GT Lusso (silver)
Pic4: 250 GT SWB (red)
Pic5: 275 GTS (red)
Pic6: 275 GTB (red)
Pic7: 275 GTB/4 (black)
Pic8: 166 MM (red - incidentally this car has been with the same owner since 1960!)
Pic9: 330 GTC (gold)
Pic10: 330 GTC (grey)
Pic11: 365 GTC/4 (light blue - from your second post)

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts