Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Now that the final dates are set, I will post up a routing recommendation shortly. Start location will be in France we will then head into Germany and down toward the Swiss Alps before proceeding back into France.
Dear all

As it seems to be decided to follow a swiss route over the passes I hope everybody will encounter a unforgettable journey with great weather and happy friends around.

I feel obliged to make at least a (2cents) suggestion how that 3 day swiss pass driving could be planned or arranged. The overnight stays would be always in Relais&chateaux hotels and the start and the leaving in and from Switzerland would be near the french / German border. Therefore on Sunday the 14th. it would be very easy for all of you who are heading back to France, Holland, Germany and UK to do that in an easy 1 day trip, being able to start to working orderly again on a gray monday morning June 15th.:grin2:

Below my suggestion:

Day 0 evening June 10th:

arriving from UK, France, Germany to Murten

Day 1, June 11th:

Departure from Murten to Lauterbrunnen (98 km’s) helicopter flying
After that to Interlaken, Meiringen, Sustenpass, Gotthardpass to Locarno/Ascona/Lugano (204 km’s) Hotel.
Total distance day 1: app. 300 km’s, 2 passes

Day 2, June 12th:

Departure from Locarno/Ascona/Lugano to Bellinzona, Mesocco, Splügen, Thusis, Tiefencastel, Bergün, La Punt, Zernez, Susch, Tarasp.
Total distance day 2 : app. 244km’s, 2 passes

With extension possibility: Zernez, Ofenpass, Müstair, Mals, Reschenpass, Nauders, Martina, Tarasp. Total distance day 2: 327 km’s, 4 passes
(alternative) Splügen, Splügenpass, Chiavenna, Malojapass, St. Moritz, Zernez, Tarasp. 34 km longer

Day 3, June 13th:

Departure Tarasp, Susch, Flüelapass, Davos, Tiefencastel, Thusis, Bonaduz, Flims, Ilanz, Disentis, Oberalppass, Furkapass, Grimselpass, Meiringen, Interlaken, Thun, Bern, Murten. Total distance day 3: 383 km, 4 passes

Day 4:

Individual return home from Murten, direction france, UK

This was my suggestion, no obligation, just suggestion:steeringwheel:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
One more thing: Murten has a nice Relais& Chateaux but Murten may be changed against "Bern" or "Interlaken". These towns do not have Relais&Chateaux Hotels but equivalent class hotels.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Well, 212Export, that itinerary looks just about perfect for me!

I don't think I can suggest any improvements.

As for the group convening in Reims (?) - I think driving the whole distance on the 10th is not practical. Should we meet on the evening of the 9th, driving to Switzerland on the 10th? The chateau we used on FLED1 was wonderful (www.chateaucourcelles.com) and is in the right location, I think.

Suggestions welcome.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
All those European names are unfamiliar to me, but for sure they sound sooooo appealing !!! Those who can join FLED II are sooooo fortunate to say the least. (A big sigh again). w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 212Export, that itinerary looks just about perfect for me!

I don't think I can suggest any improvements.

As for the group convening in Reims (?) - I think driving the whole distance on the 10th is not practical. Should we meet on the evening of the 9th, driving to Switzerland on the 10th? The chateau we used on FLED1 was wonderful (www.chateaucourcelles.com) and is in the right location, I think.

Suggestions welcome.

Onno
Agree. Suggest the group coming from the North meet on the evening of the 9th or 10th near Reims (depends on if we want 2 or 3 days in the Alps).

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boxer, you're tempting a gullible. Logistics' the problems. Besides, then I must get down on my knees to beg one of you guys (girls ?) for a seat. Hmmmmmmmm w/ smiles Jimmy
Jimmy, I am sure I can offer you a seat (assuming tha by June you have not purchased a mint 275 GTS/330 GTS/330 GTC/365 GTC in Europe to bring along for the trip before having it shipping back to Japan :grin:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Jimmy, I am sure I can offer you a seat (assuming tha by June you have not purchased a mint 275 GTS/330 GTS/330 GTC/365 GTC in Europe to bring along for the trip before having it shipping back to Japan :grin:)
Very tempting, Boxer. Let me ponder over the idea. Thanx for the offer. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
37 Posts
No reactions from anybody else yet? Vitalone and others - are you guys confirming and what do you think of the suggestions so far? Louis355 - I think you can't make it because of your impending family addition, is that right? Onno

I just got an email in my box. Sounds very interesting. Let me think about this! Is the CS welcome:)? Is it just for men or are partners/ladies also invited? What is the deadline?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd be tempted, but there is a Ferrari event that takes place in France the 5-6-7 of June, which I'll participate to.

The two are too close, and this is too much for me, work-wise.

Have fun !

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I will try to get more details posted up in a week.
Some thoughts: If you plan to arrive to Switzerland in 2 days driving time (as I understand) the driving in Switzerland would only be 2 days (as you need to calculate another day in to drive back home). If unfortunatley this would be the case, I would suggest to choose a hotel in Switzerland for the first night nearby the helikopter station.
If however you choose to drive in 1 day to Switzerland, all options stay open.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The plan, from my perspective, would still be to arrive June 10th, an extra overnight would be planned on June 9th. So the Switzerland leg wouldn't change.

Onno
That would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts