Ferrari Life Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that FLED 1 is done and documented, time to start planning for FLED 2. My initial thoughts would be to plan for an Epic Drive in either early April or early May. Routing would be:

start point: either Reims or Nancy in France
Day 1: Germany and the autobahn finishing in or near Switzerland
Day 2: Great passes of the Swiss Alps (see FLQ 10 http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/download_pdf.php?type=flq&id=93)
Day 3 Across Switzerland and then down into Northern Italy
Day 4 Maranello or return home

Comments/Suggestions ?

Who's interested ?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd love it, but it's still so far away for me...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd absolutely love to.

One problem: logistics. I've already committed to a trip to Italy with other Ferrari friends of mine, which will be from the 13th of May to the 18th of May.

I have to schedule my leave in blocks with a couple of months in between, so the early April date is out for me. However, early May would definitely be possible, say from the 8th till the 11th, or around that date.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Dear Boxer
I'd love to go today before they forbid to drive..........!
Besides, before end of May, the really nice Swiss passes are mostly closed (snow). France and Italy make more sense for spring. Switzerland is great in summer or fall.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to join you guys but it looks like we will be going around easter due to kids. Im not sure I can wait until end of May for a holiday anyway!
As one of the goals of the trip is to take a few runs through the Swiss Alps passes, we need to wait until the end of May to make sure they are open.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Damn sometimes I wish I didn't live in North America...:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys.... I'm a member of the official Ferrari Club Switzerland and we could arrange a meeting if you come through the Switzerland... I'm in Geneva... If you pass via Geneva, you can then go to Italy through the Tunnel du Mont-Blanc and continue to Modena... and effectively, end of May is a nice period for this kind of trip...

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
To pass thru the Tunnel of Mont Blanc would probably not fit the idea to try the georgeous passes. Please lets stay focused.........:cowboy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
effectively... in that case, you can go to Italy via the Grand-Saint-Bernard... very nice mountain street going from Switzerland (Martigny - Valais) to Italy (Aosta)...

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Since many of the participants would kind to learn more about Switzerland I would suggest to drive at least 10-12 passes (never the same twice) in 2 days to really give them full enjoyment and an idea what Switzerland is besides cheese and choclate, shouldn't we ?:rolleyes4:

·
Registered
27 Posts
that will depend from where you are coming from.... but 10 12 passes in 2 days ! waouuu.... better to have a good steering !

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
To have chance of driving over 10 Swiss passes in 2 days I assume that the real enthusiast's are not complaining where they come from but rather what lies in front of them:grin2:
No, seriously now, the best meeting point would be in Bern, the capitol town or nearby there in a nice relais&chateaux! Besides we would have some difficult argumentations about the cheese platter as this is part of our culture and spirit but after all said and done, Boxer would be happy. Right ? Boxer ? Hello...anybody out there ?:grin2:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To have chance of driving over 10 Swiss passes in 2 days I assume that the real enthusiast's are not complaining where they come from but rather what lies in front of them:grin2:
No, seriously now, the best meeting point would be in Bern, the capitol town or nearby there in a nice relais&chateaux! Besides we would have some difficult argumentations about the cheese platter as this is part of our culture and spirit but after all said and done, Boxer would be happy. Right ? Boxer ? Hello...anybody out there ?:grin2:
I was right with you until the "Cheese Platter" came up.:grin2:

5 passes in a day sounds fine. FLED Drivers are a hearty bunch.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.