1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't find these anymore on the Ferrari owners site, seems they got rid of the place where you can shop for parts for "your" car...?
Looking at having a set of the rear shelf cases only, custom made. But does anyone have pictures of the original item?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I couldn't find these anymore on the Ferrari owners site, seems they got rid of the place where you can shop for parts for "your" car...?
Looking at having a set of the rear shelf cases only, custom made. But does anyone have pictures of the original item?
\
interesting in that the owner's site has changed a lot and my info was lost.
anyway, there were a couple types for this model, in leather and cloth and I believe carbon mix., but that latter might not be true.

Will try to dig up some shots, having some custom made probably would be better, and less expensive than original IMO. Had/have some ruck sacks being made for both the 456 and Mondial T for weekenders, and much much less expensive and more to my custom design.

I also have the original luggage, and IMO, they are just for display for consorse or such.

checking the Schedoni site, was not well, but here is a set pictured via google.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The set custom made would be around $1100 for the rear shelf... versus $8k for the whole set from Ricambi.
Thanks for the picture, only now I'm wondering which case was the rear shelf... I'm thinking the left-foreground picture..

The shelf, from my inspections were kinda flat, with a 'bump' near the rear, or more correctly two shelfs with the front most just about 3" lower than the rear.
So, kind of sure you are correct. The two large, flat ones, like the 456 fit nicely in the trunk area. And the beauty/gal's case tucks nicel into the corners of trunk.

Have your maker do special things too. Mine will put in a raised, Cavallino from a cutout as well as our name.

Having him mfgr a custom picnic case, with upscale plates, crystal, and sterling silver shaker etc. and bone wine opener.

fun thing to do

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Looks like they purposefully stayed away from Ferrari. Not surprising as Ferrari can get very proprietary on their logos etc.

That looks like a good company, but betting they will NOT put on the logos, but might put on the number as that can be generic enough.

Nice find, will look at their site more, and thanks for the posting on them.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Yea, I don't know if they will do logos or not, nor do i really care... if the car ever gets sold, I can still have a nice set of leather luggage!

IF you wanted you can buy the pins and stick them on, but like you say, you will still have a nice set of luggage, or you can up the price on the car's sale.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Matter of Fact

I am going to be listing my 456 Luggage. Basically brand new/never-used with plastic wrapping and all on ebay.

As here also....just difficult in that I have to select parts and not 'other'

Nice set, will include link a bit later

5 piece, tan, keys, tags, original cloth protectors, plastic [some cases] wrapped about handles for protection. etc.

Will need some dressing I suspect, but a nice set.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts