Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is not to simple of a question for your forum. It's just not that easy to get good info on the car I'm looking at. Dealers tell you what you want to here or more important what they have to sell you.

The question is, I have never owned a ferrari but have been in love with the 360 modena since its inception. With gods grace I'm now able to purchase one but not quite sure to know what to look for. Is 15,000 miles a lot on one of these cars, and if so what starts happening (major engine work). Do the members of this site recommend the tubi exhaust, F1 gearbox, or any other upgrades. I would like to drive the car about 6,000 miles a year. Would like to find one in the range of 100-150. What would the members of this forum be looking at as far as options, mileage, and year. Thank you for your time.
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Jeremy, A good place to start is the Buyers Guide in the Members Section. You can download a copy of the owners manual from there as well. I would also pick up a copy of the Ferrari F355 & 360 Gold Portfolio from Brooklands Books (www.brooklands-books.com). All of the above should give you a solid base to start a serious search for the right 360. Tubi exhaust and F1 gearbox really depend on personal preference. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Well, I´m pretty sure it is more important to if the previous owner(s) took good care of the car than the mileage

But Ferraris with high mileage are much cheaper and harder to sell later on

F1 gearbox and Tubi exhaust are personal options, I prefer manual gearbox, but for a V8 like the 360, I think the Tubi is a great idea

good luck on your search!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeremy-
I just bought a 2000 360 with 21000 miles on it, I am paying $111,000 and it has 10 miles on the new belt service. I am dealing with Motorcars Intl. out of Springfield , MO and they have been exceptional. I chose the 6 speed rather than the F1 because with a clutch you can really feel the car plus my wife's M3 ha3 the F1 shifter and while it's good on extreme cornering I think the 6 speed is better plus is the F1 ever breaks I imagine it could be very expensive. I leased mine through Putnam and they have been very good also. If you do some shopping you should be able to get one 110,000-115,000 but make sure it has had the service. I'm still new to Ferrari ownership but I was in the same position you're in, good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the responses. It will help greatly. I thought the same thing on the F1.
Sincerely,
Jeremy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts