Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to inform you all that I heard the first 599GTB bound for Japan has been presold w/ an absurd premium on top of the sticker price. The premium is so high that it is disgusting and I don't even want to mention the figure. Just to give you an idea, w/ the premium alone, you can easily purchase a brand new Porsche 997 !!! Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Just to inform you all that I heard the first 599GTB bound for Japan has been presold w/ an absurd premium on top of the sticker price. The premium is so high that it is disgusting and I don't even want to mention the figure. Just to give you an idea, w/ the premium alone, you can easily purchase a brand new Porsche 997 !!! Jimmy
Jimmy, Amazing. Is it a RHD or LHD. Also do you know if Ferrari makes a special version for Japan or is it the same car they sell in Europe ?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First 599GTB sold

Jimmy, Amazing. Is it a RHD or LHD. Also do you know if Ferrari makes a special version for Japan or is it the same car they sell in Europe ?
All Ferraris imported via the official dealer here and other non-official importers are all LHD. Very seldom do you see a RHD Ferraris in Japan, which is not very popular. Most likely, the few RHDs were imported by private owners from Europe directly. There are enough well to do buyers here who request quite exotic options to suite their desires. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, but...

Jimmy, Isn't Japan a RHD country ?
You are correct, Japan is a RHD land, BUT for whatever logic exists, the well to do owners who purchase Ferraris and other exotic imports prefer LHDs. Personally, I have yet to see a RHD Ferraris myself. My dealer friend says that the market value of RHD is below the comparable LHD. Meanwhile, Mercedes Benz officially imports RHDs now but the LHDs are still the majority. My guess here is that LHDs are status symbol of the rich. Just a sidenote but driving a LHD car in a RHD country is actually easier and more comfortable than you think. Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
You are correct, Japan is a RHD land, BUT for whatever logic exists, the well to do owners who purchase Ferraris and other exotic imports prefer LHDs. Personally, I have yet to see a RHD Ferraris myself. My dealer friend says that the market value of RHD is below the comparable LHD. Meanwhile, Mercedes Benz officially imports RHDs now but the LHDs are still the majority. My guess here is that LHDs are status symbol of the rich. Just a sidenote but driving a LHD car in a RHD country is actually easier and more comfortable than you think. Jimmy
Thanks. I agree on the LHD in a RHD country. Have done it quite a bit myself and never had any real problems. THe only time it can be difficult is when passing on 2 lane country roads. RHD in a LHD country is a different issue for me. For some reason I find it very difficult and annoying.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Concurr

Thanks. I agree on the LHD in a RHD country. Have done it quite a bit myself and never had any real problems. THe only time it can be difficult is when passing on 2 lane country roads. RHD in a LHD country is a different issue for me. For some reason I find it very difficult and annoying.
You drive through European countries so you know better than me with more experiences. Can't agree more. Jimmy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts