Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally made an irrational decision by buying myself a 97 F355 Spider in Red with tan interior with 20K miles. It may be an irrational decision, but I followed what my heart says, its now or never.

I will take delivery either tonight or tomorrow since it is coming from Buffalo, NY.

It is mostly stock except for the tubi exhaust. 30K service done, clutch replaced at14k miles, R&L manifolds replaced last year. PPI was perfect except for squeeky brakes which was immediately addressed and repaired.

Here are some pics.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

I would like to extend thanks to boxer, louis355, T1fosi, andrew, granucci, stile-alpine, archiegibs, the head, fabrizo carugati, rktect59, ferruccio, jazzyO, rtking, magnum, vegas-guy and the rest who contributed to some tips and advice on making this purchase.

viva Ferrari !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Congrats…..what a sweet 355….and you chose standard gearbox…it will give serious pleasure. May your red mistress fill you with lust every time you take her for a ride…..almost sounds dirty….hahaha!!!!!!

Congratulations again….

Mario

~

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great looking car. I'm jealous, I can't wait till I get mine. Sounds like you found a good one. I know you'll have a great time with it!!!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Congrats on your wonderful purchase! Many happy motoring miles!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
WOW - Congratulations, a beautiful example:thumbup:
You made a perfectly rational decision if you ask me. Irrational would have been not buying it and always wondering, what if?
Enjoy it and:drive:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Congrats, it's nice to know that after all this searching and looking for and researching you found something in great shape! :thumbup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looking great! beautiful colour combination. Congratulations!!

Well done and be ready for some attention (hope it's from the girls rather then the cops:cool: )

enjoy!

·
Registered
167 Posts
congrats Monza!!!!! I have no idea how I helped but thanks for the mention!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
congratulations!! it looks perfect, too perfect indeed =) the best V8 Ferrari without turbos, in my opinion

enjoy sunny days with the top down and the revs up!! hehehehehehe don't let it sit in the garage!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bad news

i finally got it delivered today. first thing i checked was the bottom part of the front spoiler. knowing that it was going to be tough to transport this car which is so low to the ground gave me fears.

well my fears were well placed, the lower part of the spoiler had scraped ground, i insisted that it was not there when i had checked the car.

i am in contact with the dealer who hired this transportation company to get some compensation. either way, someone will pay.

the scrapes were not visible at normal height, but perhaps a turtle or if you bend down and peek at the underside you can visibly see both right and left side scrapes.

the good news is that everything else was good, aside from some dirt/grime from the travel which came off easily with some good ole wipes with meguirre touch-up.

i almost freaked out when i could not get the top to completely close. so i start the checklist again. park brakes on - check, doors closed - check, ignition switched to "on" position - check. fired it up, seats start moving to its position, then halfway to the closed position it would stall and i can hear the motor straining so i stop. tried reversing the process, and still get caught half-way even putting the top back up. at this point, im like @#$% me, it was working when i was there, and it gets delivered, i get fubared.

to make the story short, i contact the original owner and found out that i had to nudge or coax on of the first round bars past the top lock handle and it works perfectly after that coaxing.

to my dismay, at me trying so hard to get the top down, i had put a tiny nick on the driver side plastic part that supports the shoulder seatbelt. oh well. at least i did it :), im sure there will be more mishaps by me tinkering around.

finally with the top down, i call my kid and take a ride around the neighborhood, no plates, no insurance, and no registration...hahaha, im sure i can outrun the foolish cops that try to pull me over. kidding, we live in a gated community, so we were kinda safe from the gestapo police here in NJ.

this is a bit long so i will not bore anyone anymore...needless to say, with the top down and those tubi's. oh my god! so this is how it feels being close to heaven. definitely worth the wait and countless sacrifices in order to save cash for this beauty.

to the fellas striving for a ferrari, start saving and dont listen to your buddies when they laugh at your piece of shit car, once you get your ferrari, you will be the envy of everyone without one.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Pete,

The tops on the F355 can be fickle so it probably won't be the last time you have a problem. I bet the Tubi sounds awesome. Get insurance tomorrow! :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
i finally got it delivered today. first thing i checked was the bottom part of the front spoiler. knowing that it was going to be tough to transport this car which is so low to the ground gave me fears.

well my fears were well placed, the lower part of the spoiler had scraped ground, i insisted that it was not there when i had checked the car.

i am in contact with the dealer who hired this transportation company to get some compensation. either way, someone will pay.

the scrapes were not visible at normal height, but perhaps a turtle or if you bend down and peek at the underside you can visibly see both right and left side scrapes.

I would definitely try to get compensation on the scraps as it should not have happened. However I would not bother getting it repaired at this point. Front spoiler scraps are part of the Ferrari ownership experience (plenty of posts on this). Wait until you have a couple of large ones after a year or two and then get it repaired. If it is not scraped, then it is not being driven.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some more pics after 3 stage waxing detail

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

my_ferrari 004.jpg

wanted to share the beauty of this red beast :cool: