Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kali DMV took 10 weeks. The wife and I were watching Gumball Rally together and the scene at the end where Raul Julia sees the blonde with DD's - he yells "Bellissima!!!" and grabs her. It was my wife's idea. I'm very luck that my wife loves Ferrari's too! My other choice was "ENZOTIK"

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Cool plates! I am forgetting, is this the movie in which the Italian fellow was driving a Daytona? He did a quite funny job, "I love you, do you love me?" to random women. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FerrariKiller said:
Cool plates! I am forgetting, is this the movie in which the Italian fellow was driving a Daytona? He did a quite funny job, "I love you, do you love me?" to random women. :)
Yes, that's the one. Another classic scene is when he first sits in the Daytona, reaches up, snaps off the rear view mirror, throws it over his shoulder and says "when I am driving a Ferrari, what is behind me does not matter!"

·
Registered
41 Posts
impactco said:
Yes, that's the one. Another classic scene is when he first sits in the Daytona, reaches up, snaps off the rear view mirror, throws it over his shoulder and says "when I am driving a Ferrari, what is behind me does not matter!"

I love that line!! Such a classic.
My plates read N2 4RE (into Ferrari). Good job on your plates!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats on the plates! Ferrari's are too special not to have personalised plates. Ordinary plates are for ordinary cars. I was lucky enough to score these plates:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Plates

Is it easier in the States to get a plate that says something ?
UK plates are obviously unique so it isn't easy to get good ones.
I've seen the registrations TDF 250, 250 GTO, MY F40, 365 GTB, SWB 250, BOX 512, F456 GTA, 412 FER, 328 FER, 250 CAL, 348 TB, 308 GT, EN 20 and probably more, all on the appropriate cars.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
marlin said:
Is it easier in the States to get a plate that says something ?
Yes. In the US the plate doesn't stay with the car, it stays with the owner. If I sell you my car, I keep the plates and you put your plates on it.

You can keep your plate for as long as you want, registering it to different vehicles, or you can get a new different plate every year. (of course there is a fee.)

The State of Maine even has a website where you can see if the custom plate you want is available and if it is, it shows you how it will look when you get it and you can order it online.
https://www10.informe.org/cgi-bin/bmv/vanity/plate_order
Fun site, try it out and see what you can get for a plate. Select "passenger" for the class code. I already checked and "MARLIN' is not available, but "MARLIN1" is.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
marlin said:
Thanks Pete. You're right - fun site. When I win the lottery I'm moving to Maine and buying these plates. I'm sure there are more available.
You'll like Maine, it's just like Scotland except with lobster instead of haggis. :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
:) :) :)
Good one!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts