Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends

Even earlier than expected, last Friday I was able to pick up my 430 Scuderia. My dealer made a very nice reception of about 2 hours, including detailed theoretical instructions with the manual booklet, keys, Service booklet, photographs, flower and champagne bottle gifts before entering the "delivery" room, where my Scudi was parked with the "pijama" still on. It took me about 5 minutes to unwrap the Pijama from the car...I was very fascinated by each angle and look which opened before my eyes (I had to touch it immediately) and finally there it stood...my oh so dearly missed Ferrari...sorry guys but having no Ferrari for almost 1 year is just ..too ..(very educative):D

I have to be honest and I know most will not agree with me but I choose to take the Scudi without the stripes. (I'm just not 22 anymore, sorry guys) I'm sure you will like the car also without them, but anyway drive the car and you will take it in every way !

The car looks very balanced from all corners and red...it MUST be. Opening the door, that New-Ferrari-inside-cabin-smell right away crossed my nose. The black alcantara with the red stitching flows unruptured into the perfectly smooth Carbon applications on the door's inside and chairs. It is very interesting to see the development of carbon applications within 20 years of experience.
The seats are very strong (stronger than those in the Stradale), seat and steering position is perfect (well adjustable) and the comfort very good.

So finally I turned the key and pushed the "Start engine" knob and...wroooooaaaaammmmmm............heaven:D

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2

The dealer open the glass gate and there I went into the heavy Swiss rain with my perfectly clean, new Ferrari. What a shame.
Concentrating on learning to handle a new car took my attention soon away from the heavy rain and of course the wipers are working very well (not a too sure thing on any Ferrari). I drove slowly into the traffic with 2-3' rpm's until the oil was at 70 degree's (Celsius that is). To get back home I had to drive 250 Kilometers. So a great chance to get "fitted". While slowly accelerating the car has a wonderful roar (louder than the stradale) and the "pipes" at the rear open faster than with the predecessor.
The Scudi feels very, very "grippy", following exactly every slight change in steering, very clear signaling its purpose on the road.
I drove in the "Sport" setup on the manettino because it was very wet...only on one occasion I changed to the race setup to see what it means to change a gear or two.....unbelievable. I went only to 5'rpm and then changing gear and I have never experienced such an effect. Listening to the fast gear change mode it feels like a huge hammer is beatening the gear box. Tonggg, tonggg, tonggg, no pause..nothing just wroaaam, tonggg, wroaam, tonggg, (I know its silly for a Swiss to try to create impressions in english words..but I'm sure you get the point). Very, very fascinating. I never ever experienced something nearly like this.

The car is very silent being driven in the 6th gear at 2-3'rpm, very silent, so the Scuderia seems to be a GT at this speed noiseless and the beast above.

But...the brakes. Raining still all the way on the Autobahn just every 20 minutes a slight contact to the brake pedals...and they BITE..incredible. No way a street Ferrari has ever encountered such massive braking abilities in respect to weight carried.
Maybe we should create the "Brakeindex" (Diskdiameter divided over car's weight).

After 2 hours driving I arrived at home relaxed and fascinated and parked my horse in the barn. I took some pictures with my old camera (non-digital) and they will be developed in a week or so.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part 3

On Sunday, the weather was sunny for about 2 hours and I decided to take the first person out with me to rev the Scudi a little. My youngest son (5) was happy to join daddy. We warmed the car up on 10 km on the normal road and after went to the Autobahn to have some free "spurts" up to 7'rpm...my boy laughed very loud for quite some time (afterwards I realised he fell insane....(just joke!))

After all I would like to recommend you to get on a ride in a Scuderia whenever you have a chance to do so. I'm sure you will ......(everything) it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations! very very beautifull car.
I was on the Spa track last weekend where I've seen (and heard!) several scuderia's at full speed. The speed, sound, pace, looks...absoluty impressive.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Congratulations, the wait is over. You must be a very happy man, and you've got the whole summer left to enjoy your new machine. Have fun, and keep us all updated.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to all of you. I just came back from a short trip with my eldest daughter (9) her first time in the Scudi. She loved it as well :D as she's the strongest Ferraristi of all childreen. I will post pictures asap. Many thanks again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Fantastic 212Export, congratulations! looking forward to those pictures (and a spin too).

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
that's GREAT news!!!

congratulations!! I felt like I was sitting in the passenger's seat taking the new car home with you =) I could almost see the yellow circle in the steering wheel with the cavallino!

can I go for a ride next time I visit Swiss? hehehehe

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's GREAT news!!!

congratulations!! I felt like I was sitting in the passenger's seat taking the new car home with you =) I could almost see the yellow circle in the steering wheel with the cavallino!

can I go for a ride next time I visit Swiss? hehehehe
Of course, let me know when you plan a visit.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Magnifico! Fantastic and congratulations. I can see you smiling just reading the post. The 430 Scuderia is an utterly fantastic car. Again congratulations and welll done. I hope to see it in person soon.

This is bad though, now I am starting to want one.......
Thanks, Boxer. Honestly it is of course not as rare and special in its meaning as a F50 (which remains untouched as my other dream to be fulfilled hopefully once in the future). But that missing (in comparison only) rarity is partially equallized by its technical development. A development process, which, over the timespan of 10 years of difference between the two cars, has not been halted at all.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wonderful! One of my all-time favorite Ferraris, it is just stunning in every respect.

I wish you many happy miles, my friend.

Onno
Many thanks, JazzyO !

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Congratulations Sir!

Great times ahead :). I look forward to the 'Scuderia through the Alps' video, in surround sound!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Great post, and thank you for sharing the wonderful experience on owning a new Ferrari. Congratulations on your new toy! Post pictures as soon as you have them.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations on the amazing car. Very good in depth account of the first two days of ownership. Can't wait to see some pictures :D

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts