Ferrari Life Forum banner

Fiammenghi Engineering on CarFix show

12K views 56 replies 12 participants last post by  Fiammenghi Italia 
#1 ·
Hello guys,
I would like to share with you an opportunity that that presented itself me on the beginning of January.

I closed an agreement with the CarFix show (made of Brenton Productions), In exchange of my providing Full exhaust for their Ferrari 575 Project, the CarFix in an episode will install my product during the show and will say my name during the installation.

I included in the providing also the kit for manual bypass opening, because is essential for enjoy of the V12 engine note, with the burble during gas release and the small, but nice, bang during up shift near rev limiter obviously when traffic permit.
They cannot guarantee any specific on-air time with my product but their 575 project consist only in two products, then I'm confident.
This morning I sent the three boxes with the full exhaust in Tampa to the studios, the show will be registered next week.

During this month I was in contact to one of the two guys of the CarFix show, Jared Zimmerman, for the details and for the updates of the manufacturing from my side, it is a very kindly person, it was a good experience to exchange with him somethings and I'm very sorry to cannot go in Tampa for meet him and the other guys of the show.
I'm happy that he was so kindly to put the 575 on the dyno before the installation with the OE exhaust and it will test also after with my full exhaust installed.

The show will premiere on April 28, 2018 on Velocity channel. You will need to check with your local provider for channel number information.

Fabio

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Fabio can't wait to see the show!
Best Regards,
Bill
FL
Thanks Bill,

Thank also for your help .... very appreciated.

You will have the possibility to see and listen from alive the car ....

Kindly

Fabio

#8 ·
How wonderful, Fabio. All good wishes and may the broadcast persuade many 575M tifosi to ask you to make their cars better!

Seth

Reactions: Fiammenghi Italia
#10 ·
Hello guys,

the works in Tampa are going on, they employ more time because are engaged in other projects and also because the 575 need the front bumper and hood painting, perhaps within the end of this week they will complete the installation, the probram will be on air the April 28.
They confirmed me that the installation of my system is very easy more than the original system, and as per their words "there's no comparison to the factory system, the fit is fantastic for a car with such tight tollerences", my interfaces was perfectly fitted between their and also with the car.

The pic pof the complete system is of the 550 that i sold to a Canadian Friend on 2017 march, but excepted little details, is the same of that i send to CarFix for the 575.

Regards at All

Fabio

Attachments

#17 ·
Hello guys,
during the agreement with the Network, i asked them if they could be test the 575 on the dyno before and after my exhaust installation, as some of you know, i didn't test my 575 on dyno with the orignal exhaust installed but only with my system and the orginal HGTC back mufflers, the response was 551 HP, 36 HP more of the data power.
My estimation before the test, based of the driving sensations by me and my dealer, was of 50/60 HP.
Jared, the guy of CarFix did the two tests and result it is great, my estimation was prudent and driving sensations was correct....

Following the datas obtained in Tampa on the 575:

Wheels power in OE conditions: 439 HP at 7400 rpm
Wheels power with my full exhaust: 495 HP at 7400 rpm

The increased power is 56 HP but at th ewheel, if we supposed a mechanical efficiany of 11-15% the flywheel power is : 62 - 65 HP

I'm very happy!

#25 ·
Ciao Fabio,

Congratulazioni! I am very happy for you and proud of your endless dedication of this marvelous design achievement. Your engineering knowledge and expertise is world class!

I do not have cable or internet TV, but I will find a way to watch this Carfix episode on the Velocity channel...I can't wait to see it!

Saluti,
Gianni

#20 ·
Fabio, very happy? You should be 'over the moon!' That is an increase of 12.75% in power at the wheels with not a single change in the engine, so no added engine stress. Sensational!

#27 ·
Hello Seth,
thanks, yes 'over the moon!' is not far to my sensations ....
The guy is excited also becasue he saw with his eyes the power, it is not a data that i give him by email, and about it he had to trust ....

Fabio

#21 ·
Fabio, Bill informed me of the results and of Jared's (the CarFix guy) impressions, and he was MOST impressed.

It seems you've found the "key" to unlock the hidden capabilities of the 550!

#22 ·
Fabio you may need to add one more piece to your exhaust system. An emblem for the rear trunk lid that says “580 HP” ;)

It’s been special to watch your story develop from building this beautiful exhaust system to seeing it yield such great results, while also providing a concert of music along the way.
Cannot wait to hear it in person.
Best,
Bill
FL

#23 ·
Hello Bill,

unfortunately th ereal engine power is littl ebit less, becasue the original poers is not 515 but 4/5% less ... the real power is around 480/490 HP, Is this the base where add the increasing.

My 575 on the dyno (but with original HGTC mufflers) did 551 HP at flywheel.

However the car at driving is completely changed, the increased power it feel well ....

Kindly

Fabio

#26 ·
Very interesting Fabio. Congratulations on a great achievement.

#32 ·
Just watched the recorded episode from my DVR. Very impressive - from 437 HP at the wheels before Fabio's exhaust to 490 at the wheels after the exhaust.

We all know that Dynojets can be tweaked to give whatever figure the dyno operator wants, but if these guys are on the level, that's a VERY nice bump in power.

I simply liked how they raved about the quality of Fabio's work, and how easily it went together. Great testament to your craftsmanship Fabio.

Wished they had recorded the sound both before and after.

#33 ·
Hi John,

i didn't see the episode, they will send a DVD for my personal use, and a short video that i can upload on my website and on my youtube channel.

Thanks so much for the appreciation...

I was very happy of the fact that they have not problem during installation and of the good fitting of the parts, i manufacture all the parts on a proper jig, then are all equal.

Perhaps they not apoken in the episode, but i have also supplied in the forniture the kit for manual bypass opening with a remote control, the kit is easy to install on the fuse compartment and don't need to install wires on the car, the kit have two connectors (male/female), the remote have two buttons, push one for have bypass always open, push the other bypass drived by ECU.
The kit include a electric diagram for easy connection.

If want to be remove is suffcient remove the electronic device and connect male wiht female connector and car will return to orignal conditions.

#34 ·
Fabio, they did touch on the remote control for the exhaust bypass valves, but that point may have been lost on some of the viewers.

They also did a side by side comparison (for a few seconds :frown2:) of your exhaust and the OEM, but it wasn't really as deep as it should have been. They simply pointed out that instead of having 2 x 3into1 headers on each side, you used a 6:1 merge collector, and they showed a closeup of it, and touched on its advantages.

They also touched on your pipe into pipe fitment and how easily the whole system fit together.

What they didn't do is record a sound clip of the 575 on the dyno with the OEM exhaust, then compare it to the sound clip on the dyno with your exhaust. That would have been the proverbial "icing on the cake".

#35 ·
I wanted to see Fabio's company name in neon lights ;)
John should you have any thoughts or questions Jared posted to the CarFix thread on the other site.
It would have been nice if the new sound was captured on a drive. After watching it a second time they did pretty good to capture what they could between other segments in the show. Fabio, going to make an effort to capture your segment of the show with a cell phone so maybe you can get an idea of how it went.
The subject 575 looked great and I thought was captured nicely.
Bill
FL

#36 ·
Bill, I had hoped they would say more about Fabio and his "old world" craftsmanship too, and that here's someone who isn't just reselling exhausts fabricated in some far east sweat shop.

I have the segment recorded on my Xfinity DVR, but am clueless how to get it off there and into a format that could be posted? Guess I'll bribe my grandson to do it :)

#37 ·
John,
please not post the complete show on free because is property of a pay TV you coud have problems .... (they sent me now the complete show) the agreement is "not post for free", they will send me a short video tha i can post free.

Fabio

#40 ·
Fabio- Unfortunately, I missed it, but look forward to swapping a DVD with somebody. Infinity over here also has it available streaming on the internet, but I have not signed up for that yet.

Glad the install and results were so positive.

#44 ·
Yes impressive, that is the confirmation of the sensations that i and my dealer had when i installed on my 575, i not tested my 575 on dyno before installation only after and i read 552 HP, however driving car the sensations was of a big increased power ...

#45 ·
Thanks Terry,

Bill sent also to me some parts of the show that he did by means of smartphone.
Network sent me the full show but i have not their the autorization to upload for free, they will send me short video for my free use, they hope to sent me within may, after that i will upload on my youtube channel and on my website.
My website is under big modifications.... as soon will be ready i will post it.

Kindly

Fabio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.