Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
OK has anyone ever seen or heard the word "fezza" and if so in reference to what? :confused:
Yes, it's the slang term for Ferrari, the same as Lambo and Maser or Porker. Personally I don't like it and always use the full name or F-car. But it's only a name, no need to get upset:)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, it must be a UK thing. I've never heard either Fezza or Porker before and on another site the same thing came up from a UK member. Damn yanks need to get a clue, right?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Haha, No you yanks and Canadians are just fine:) You've got your own slang that's lost on us Brits, for months I didn't know what a ricer was until Magnum explained it was a big fat exhaust.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Surely a "ricer" is an all show no go "fast and the furious" lookalike e.g. V**x**ll Corsa 1.0 weighed down with plasic wings, dustbin exhaust and bling, etc. Usually driven by a "ned" dressed in Burberry.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Haha, No you yanks and Canadians are just fine:) You've got your own slang that's lost on us Brits, for months I didn't know what a ricer was until Magnum explained it was a big fat exhaust.
What the hell is Porker??? What car has the same slang as a fat pig? Because that’s what we use the word Porker for here in Canada not sure about the US. Hehehe!!!!! Big fat exhaust…pretty funny Archie…Ricer is all Japanese modified imports…with Porker exhausts……hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
What the hell is Porker??? What car has the same slang as a fat pig? Because that’s what we use the word Porker for here in Canada not sure about the US. Hehehe!!!!! Big fat exhaust…pretty funny Archie…Ricer is all Japanese modified imports…with Porker exhausts……hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~
Just goes to show that although we all share the same language for posts, there are still different international slang terms and interpretations that confuse us.

A Porker is a Porsche, but big fat pig is still a good description for a Porsche:D

A few more British ones for you:

Chav - Person who drives Japanese modified imports with big fat porker exhausts, usually dressed head to toe in Burberry and white Reeboks. If they can't afford a Jap import, they buy a 20 yr old Vauxhall (GM) Nova with a 1.0 engine and mod it.

Beemer - BMW

...cant think of any others just now, c'mon Al, Marlin & t1f, help me out.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
A few more

Scoobie Doo or just Scoobie - Subaru
Roller - Rolls Royce
Moggie - Morris Minor (British rival to the Beetle from 50's and 60's)
Cozzie - Cosworth tuned car, usually a Ford and highly prized by Chav's (see previous post for definition of a Chav)

I'm struggling now, brain's gone dead, I need some help from my fellow countrymen.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Anyone wearing Burberry here in Canada or the US, it wouldn’t matter what car they drove or how tough they would be, they would get their ass seriously kicked…and have their white Reeboks stolen…hehehehe!!!!

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Anyone wearing Burberry here in Canada or the US, it wouldn’t matter what car they drove or how tough they would be, they would get their ass seriously kicked…and have their white Reeboks stolen…hehehehe!!!!

~
Sounds like a good idea.
There would be more chavs driving crap cars in the UK, except our prison's are full of chavs, and those who aren't in prison need to use their unemployment money to help pay maintenance to their 12 yr old girlfriend who's mothered their child.
You can always spot a chav kid, they also wear fake Burberry and poor quality gold sovereign rings, hoop ear-rings and chains, but the kids normally have less tattoo's.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

~
Sounds like a good idea.
There would be more chavs driving crap cars in the UK, except our prison's are full of chavs, and those who aren't in prison need to use their unemployment money to help pay maintenance to their 12 yr old girlfriend (Chavette) who's the mother of their child.
You can always spot a chav kid, they also wear fake Burberry and poor quality gold sovereign rings, hoop ear-rings and chains, but the kids normally have less tattoo's.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hehehehe!!!!!!!

Looks like you stuttered your last post......lol

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
He's just trying to get his post count up.
Yeah, I'm trying to get to 4000 before you;)

You went quiet for a few days, I was beginning to worry about you, I thought you might have run off with the profits from 'Arch & Pete Enterprises' and spent it on booze. You might have been able to get a 4 pack of Bud with what we've made so far.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
You went quiet for a few days, I was beginning to worry about you, I thought you might have run off with the profits from 'Arch & Pete Enterprises' and spent it on booze. You might have been able to get a 4 pack of Bud with what we've made so far.
No I didn't run off with the profits. I had to buy the 4 pack out of my own pocket. Since we are a 50/50 outfit I knew 2 of the beers were yours but I drank them anyway.

I like the new name of our outfit that you came up with, it was "Archie and Pete's Car Paintin' Place" but I like this new one better, "Arch & Pete Enterprises" or "APE". The slogan on the side of our truck, painted freehand of course, could be, "Don't let just anyone monkey around with your car, call in the APE!"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts