Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day at the Essen motorshow this past Sunday after a pleasant 2 hour drive from Amsterdam.

Pictures are worth many words and so I will be brief. The cars were great, the girls hot and the show well organised. Great variety from new cars to the classics to customs to memorabilia.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some interesting prices asked at the show:

Bespoiled Koenig BB asking €115,000
GTO recreation using 330 GT as the base, asking €290,000 (last picture).

A great way to spend the day and get some Christmas shopping done at the same time. Some more pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
GTO recreation using 330 GT as the base, asking €290,000 (last picture).
This looks like the same car as in picture 1, David. This means that they're masquarading this car as Nick Mason's GTO (same number plate, same number 22 that Nick sports often) ? Or do you mean the last picture in post #1?

How was the car presented? I hate it when it is not clearly indicated it is a replica.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This looks like the same car as in picture 1, David. This means that they're masquarading this car as Nick Mason's GTO (same number plate, same number 22 that Nick sports often) ? Or do you mean the last picture in post #1?

How was the car presented? I hate it when it is not clearly indicated it is a replica.

Onno
The 330 GT is pictured in the last picture in post#1, the other pictures are of the real GTO. The 330 GT was presented for sale for €290,000 as a 1965 330 GT. The world's most expensive 330 GT 2+2?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Great pictures!

Chris

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The world's most expensive 330 GT 2+2?
Possibly, although I think I've seen an advert for a 1959 TR recreation based on one, which I think is a similar price.

One nice looking example, still in its original body, sold on Monday at the Bonhams auction for £44k. Very nice price if the car was up to stratch. I was very tempted to bid on that car but figured buying 4 cars in 18 months was a bit much. And I think there will be more bargains to be had in the next 12 - 24 months.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One nice looking example, still in its original body, sold on Monday at the Bonhams auction for £44k. Very nice price if the car was up to stratch. I was very tempted to bid on that car but figured buying 4 cars in 18 months was a bit much. And I think there will be more bargains to be had in the next 12 - 24 months.

Onno
That looks like a great 330 in a lovely colour. And the price seems to be way less (half if converted into Euros?) than what the market was asking just a few months ago. I agree that there will be more bargains to be had-fear and loathing in the market.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That looks like a great 330 in a lovely colour. And the price seems to be way less (half if converted into Euros?) than what the market was asking just a few months ago. I agree that there will be more bargains to be had-fear and loathing in the market.
Remember that blue 330GT2+2 I drove in August? Asking price was EUR115k... But it was probably worth 90k, even then.

Onno

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Possibly, although I think I've seen an advert for a 1959 TR recreation based on one, which I think is a similar price.

Onno
Interesting. I also took a long look at the Bonhams 330 GT 2+2. Looked to be a very nice car reasonably priced. Given the recent purchase of the Daytona, not an option right now.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts